what do you top your oatmeal with?

Options
hello fellow mfp users!
i know this sounds really weird, but i tried oatmeal for the first time this morning, and i topped it with bananas and pb2, which was just alright. i also made healthy oatmeal cookies which turned out to be amazing!

im planning on topping it with apple slices and cinnamon tomorrow, but i am ready and willing to try more and new tasty flavors!

please post what you have with your oatmeal so i can get ideas :)

thanks and have a great day/night!!

Replies

• royallv
    royallv Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Honey Cinnamon and mixed berries(blue berries/raspberries/black berries) use local honey.
    Sliced Almonds, walnuts or sunflower seeds -Honey Cinnamon.
    Sliced Peaches and you know it HONEY-CINNAMON.
  • jennacollette
    Options
    I have a recipe to make an oatmeal cake ! it's really fast and easy but I usually mix peanut butter and banana slices it's filling and so good. I also bought sugar free jelly and microwaved it and drizzled it over my oats, fresh fruit, sugar free maple syrup, really anything to stop my sweet tooth !
  • littlehealthyhope
    littlehealthyhope Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Honey Cinnamon and mixed berries(blue berries/raspberries/black berries) use local honey.
    Sliced Almonds, walnuts or sunflower seeds -Honey Cinnamon.
    Sliced Peaches and you know it HONEY-CINNAMON.

yumyumyum! thanks !
  • littlehealthyhope
    littlehealthyhope Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe to make an oatmeal cake ! it's really fast and easy but I usually mix peanut butter and banana slices it's filling and so good. I also bought sugar free jelly and microwaved it and drizzled it over my oats, fresh fruit, sugar free maple syrup, really anything to stop my sweet tooth !

mmmmm sounds so good! could you please share the recipe?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I add plain Greek yogurt, fresh fruit (usually blueberries or strawberries - or both!), walnuts, honey & cinnamon - it's delicious!
  • Serena_Kitty
    Options
    Walnuts. Sometimes butter :)
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Diced up apples and cinnamon.
  • michelehindman
    michelehindman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I alternate between the boring butter plus brown sugar combo, or mixing in some matcha powder with milk and fruit. Both ways are delicious.
  • irifinco
    irifinco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Blueberries and walnuts
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Every morning at work I take 1/2 cup old fashioned oats and cook for one minute in water in the microwave then add 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, stir, and cook 1.5 minutes more stirring a minute in. I add one packet of stevia cuz I like it sweet!:wink: sometimes I'll sub half a sliced banana and add cinnamon. And yes I cook the banana! I don't measure the water so I can't say how much water to use, I just eyeball it and add a little more if its too dry when I add the fruit.
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I usually eat - 1 c. oatmeal, 1 c. blueberries, 2 oz. sunflower seeds, 1 TBS flax seed, and a splash of milk.

Last summer I made peaches and cream oatmeal using brown sugar, vanilla, peaches, and heavy cream. It was delicious but I doubt it was low cal.
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Nothing....
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Berries, splash of milk or almond milk, almonds, cinnamon. I also love banana slices, peanut butter, and few chocolate chips- that is a bit high in carbs so I do it rarely. The thing I found with oatmeal is that I have to combine it with some protein and fat or it causes some insane insulin spike making me hungry in 1-2 hrs.
  • christinak74
    christinak74 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Brown sugar, maple syrup and chopped walnuts. It's very sweet so you only need a little!
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I started mixing my oatmeal with coconut water and topping it with cinnamon and raisins.
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    nothing I eat the apples and cinnamon one ! from quaker not as healthy as plain! but it's still good!
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    slivered almonds, brown sugar, butter,
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I'm a chocoholic...I add 1 tablespoon of mini chips. Yum.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I slice a banana and put it in the pot when it starts to bubble and then I whisk it until it's cooked. I add a bit of vanilla, a good amount of cinnamon, a sprinkle of finely chopped walnuts, and a teaspoon of brown sugar. Yummy, yummy banana nut oatmeal.
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Craisins, butter, vanilla and cinnamon with just a touch of brown sugar.