Trying to lose weight why on prozac

Options
Has anybody been able to do this, I here lots of people gain weight from the drug........ive been working hard on loseing weight and just got put on prozac the outher day... this is now day 2 i hope i keep loseing and still care about the way i look being on this drug

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    If you can gain on a drug you can lose on it too. It might be harder, you may have to put more dedication and work into it, but it can be done. This is coming from my experience of being on literally a dozen different "gainers" (zyprexa and seroquel and mellaril most notably, all at different times of course!). People who say it CANNOT be done, haven't tried the right thing yet or are not being honest about how hard they have tried. People who say it is difficult but possible are more right.
  • cobrajes
    cobrajes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ya i wounder about that people saying they have gain makes me wonder if they even care about gaining in the 1st place ..........there so much neg online about prozac kinda got me worrying a bit
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Prozac is one of the SSRIs with the least weight gain (I think Paxil is the worst).
  • bethann223
    Options
    If you continue eating and exercising as you have been, it should not make a difference. Antidepressants, in my understanding, increase appetite. For some people this is a good thing, since they lose their appetite when depressed. You may face more cravings and increased appetite, but if you resist, you will continue to lose weight.

I've also been on quite a few antidepressants. If Prozac doesn't work for you, talk to your doctor about Zoloft. I lost quite a bit of weight on it and it helped with mood.

Hope this helps!
  • cobrajes
    cobrajes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanx ill do that if i end up not be able to handle prozac :]