Oil pulling??

Options

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    It's an ancient Indian method. Honestly some of you people should read up on something before commenting on how it's a fad like the Master Cleanse. :noway: And some people act like they are the top scientists or doctors in the world when responding in these kinds of threads - who makes you the health professional all of a sudden? :laugh:

I've heard amazing things about this method. It cleared up a girl's skin that I know really well. I strongly believe in many ancient health methods. Our ancestors knew a lot more than we give them credit for.

I read about it... it's still gross and weird.

You don't need to swish oil around your mouth for 20 mins to remove toxins.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It's an ancient Indian method. Honestly some of you people should read up on something before commenting on how it's a fad like the Master Cleanse. :noway: And some people act like they are the top scientists or doctors in the world when responding in these kinds of threads - who makes you the health professional all of a sudden? :laugh:

I've heard amazing things about this method. It cleared up a girl's skin that I know really well. I strongly believe in many ancient health methods. Our ancestors knew a lot more than we give them credit for.

Our ancestors also thought putting leaches onto a body would bleed out illness. I'll take my chances with modern medicine.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Our ancestors also thought putting leaches onto a body would bleed out illness. I'll take my chances with modern medicine.

This. And don't forget the four humors.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Holy......

:noway:
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Save for later.

I recently read about this. Can't imagine doing it for 20 minutes.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have not tried this. No one I know has tried this. It does not sound like it would be useful for anything.

Having said that, everything you do is awesome. I unconditionally support all of your choices.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Or balancing chakras.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Nothing good happens after your mouth gets tired.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

Or balancing chakras.

tumblr_m4m9cznq0w1rvwi21o1_500.png
  • galarzr
    galarzr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of oil pulling until today! Thank you for sharing. I googled the term and found it easy to follow. Oil pulling is sloshing a table spoon of oil for 20 minutes or more before drinking (even water) or eating anything so that all the toxins are removed from the body. It sounds interesting. I will give it a try.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    So, oil pulling isn't when you turn up to an oil rig to be the 'entertainment'?
  • grammysboy
    grammysboy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    OHNO_zpsc8ef0c3d.gif
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    My main question is, do you switch from 5w30 in the winter to 10w30 in the summer, or can you just use the same weight year round? On a related note, I'm also curious as to whether I should switch to something like, Pennzoil High-Mileage Synthetic Blend as I get older?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    My main question is, do you switch from 5w30 in the winter to 10w30 in the summer, or can you just use the same weight year round? On a related note, I'm also curious as to whether I should switch to something like, Pennzoil High-Mileage Synthetic Blend as I get older?

I am gonna guess you don't watch TLC shows, but there is a new show advertized called "Gypsy Sisters" and they use motor oil as tanning oil. Gross.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of oil pulling until today! Thank you for sharing. I googled the term and found it easy to follow. Oil pulling is sloshing a table spoon of oil for 20 minutes or more before drinking (even water) or eating anything so that all the toxins are removed from the body. It sounds interesting. I will give it a try.

Can't tell if serious.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

I am gonna guess you don't watch TLC shows, but there is a new show advertized called "Gypsy Sisters" and they use motor oil as tanning oil. Gross.

Adding that show to my playlist right now!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    oil?

tumblr_maxoawsY4f1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

and it will be 10x more useful.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Gross.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Just think about it logically for a minute. How is swishing an oily substance around your mouth going to cleanse you? Can your body really suck all the bad stuff out of your body through your tongue in cheek howls?

Fixed that for you :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: