Water & peeing - maybe TMI

Options
I have started to drink LOTS of water - not forcing myself, but because my body wants it. I started out trying to get 64oz a day. I have been doing that for about 1 week, but now, I drink close to 96oz (12 - 8oz glasses). The upside is that I don't crave diet Coke anymore (soda free for 5 days). The downside - I have to pee every 45min or so.

Will my body eventually adapt to this increased volume of water and process the water more efficiently i.e. so I don't have to visit the bathroom constantly?

Replies

• Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I too am like you - water in not long before i have to go P.... at work I am sure they think I am sloping off for a skive!!!!! NO i really have to P....:drinker: maybe we only have "small bladders" :wink:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    bump - because, com' on, there aren't enough bathrooms in the world if all us water drinkers are peeing every 45 minutes.
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't drink as much water as you, but I did increase my intake when I began my lifestyle changes. After a few days, my body did adjust.
  • frommichellewithlove
    frommichellewithlove Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly drinking tea and water, and I've been doing it for a very long time. I still pee just as often... lol, just my personal experience. I hate how often I pee too! haha
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! Always have though. Water just go right through me. I think its just our bodies adjusting and detoxing our body. Seems to help me keep the weight off though and makes me feel a lot less bloated.
  • dunkt10
    dunkt10 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My body has not adjusted to my increased water intake and I had been exclusively drinking water since the first of feb. It runs right through me especially at night. Feels like I'm preggo again (but I know in not ) :-)
  • kjcripe123
    kjcripe123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well to date... 8 weeks into this my body has definatley not adjusted. some days it's worse than others. literally somedays it seems 5 minutes after I finish 32 oz i'm in the bathroom - and i do drink it quickly and multiple throughout the day. Seems WAY worse right before my TOM too. Ugh.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    well, I'll say it's gotten a little less frequent... but... yeah. It never got much better.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    My body has adjusted, but I'm not drinking as much water as you - only 6-8 cups plus a big mug of coffee in the morning. It seemed that my body pretty much held onto the water during the day, but I was up every 1-2 hours to pee at night. That doesn't happen any more; I pee during the day, and I'm up only once or twice at night.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I drink gobs of water AND have to take a diuretic for blood pressure twice a day. I'm definitely a frequent flier to the ladies' room. Not sure it gets any better. But it gets me some exercise! LOL
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I drink water all day-and have to walk past our receptionist to get to the bathroom...good thing she also drinks water or i would be labeled a "slacker" ha!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I pee alot, and often. I too think I have a rather small bladder, but most people don't drink water like we do, either.

Really shouldn't matter how often we go, but more importantly the color. You don't want it to be clear (you're drinking too much) and you don't want dark (you're not drinking enough). Lemonade is the right color. If you are peeing clear, back it down a bit.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Mine did.
  • amanda_danielle18
    amanda_danielle18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ve been doing this for about a week now -- drinking 10-12 tall glasses of water a day, and peeing every hour or so, sometimes twice an hour!
    But question, have any of you noticed any weight loss from drinking more? I've been on a better diet, and working out for the past month.. And added in the hourly glass of water on monday. Just wondering if the water really makes a difference or not.
    UGH, weight loss is just so frustrating!
    Just wanna snap my fingers and lose 80 lbs.
  • floydgasm
    Options
    Although I haven't done a great job of marking it on MFP, I have been drinking close to or more than a gallon of water almost every day for the last two and a half weeks. I have found that drinking cool water vs. cold/ice water makes a huge difference. It also helps if I space it out a bit. Some mornings I will buy a liter of water and drink it over the course of 3-ish hours, then refill and make it last for 3-ish hours, etc.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    No, you are gonna go that much if you drink that much. Taper down a bit, as long as it is clear or like the color of weak lemonade, you're getting enough.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've always had to pee alot. Now its just worse. Oh well, just more times I have to climb the stairs to the bathroom...so its all good!
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I've always had to go frequently but whenever I do start trying to drink more water it's much worse haha Definitely hope it gets better for you!
  • Wench58
    Wench58 Posts: 5
    Options
    As a kidney transplant patient, heavy water drinker (80 - 90 oz a day) I can only say one thing, Embrace the pee! It would be MUCH worse if you weren't going!
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Ive been drinking lots of water for almost 2 years (no soda in 3 years! whoop!) and my body still hasnt adjusted. i still have to go ever 45 mins. sometimes more often...(and by often i mean when i watch tv, I have to go ever commercial break, sometimes more often.). While it is annoying, It is far better than being dehydrated ;) and it helps flush out the system :)