HELP: on a plateau AGAIN!! Need some advice

Options
2»

Replies

• timeforme_2013
    timeforme_2013 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Recalculate your ##'s TDEE, BMR, and look for " In place of a road map" courtesy of Helloitsdad,..on MFP
  • KatieHall77
    KatieHall77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A few times for me, when I was not loosing the pounds I was expecting to lose, I was building muscle from working out. I do cross mix of cardio and lifting. Muscle weighs more than fat, but I did feel a little freaked out when I went a month with nothing. Then I noticed in my neck I had lost over an inch! Also my bra cup size went down too. Weird place to lose weight. Maybe try a sewing tape measurement, on the neck, waist, hips, arms and thighs. It can come out of odd places too, like your face or even your feet. Some people actually go down in shoe size. Another sign is if your clothing generally seems a bit baggier than before.
    Hope that helps some! Good luck!
  • chances19
    chances19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is all new to me...the online forum and so forth, as I usually just use my phone app. I have hit that "plateau" as well. I have realized that I was starting to tone and therefore my muscles were burning much more than I was taking in with my calories. This week I increased my calories and did not do my normal cardiovascular stuff. I am curious to see when I weigh - in if it made a difference. Just a thought.... I don't know if my things are locked or not, didn't realize I could or could not do that. I don't mind sharing if someone would enlighten me on how to fix that. Anyways good luck on your journey! Hope this helps some.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I have lost 138pds but had a baby so its not as much now anyways I lost 100 pds of that in a year and never had a plateau. Why I think I never did was because I had a cheat meal every week usually Mexican food. Give your body a shock! Its like what the heck get this out of here and fights to get it out. So if you are not having a cheat meal I say do it and see if it works for you! Good luck!
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    so now the mean crap returns to the posting. cant we all just get along!!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is never linear or steady. A true "plateau" is something that generally lasts a month or more. Sometimes the scale will not move for a few weeks, then suddenly will go down several pounds. Also check your measurements, and try not to rely on the scale so much, it only shows part of the story. Just be patient and keep doing what you are doing. Changing things up can be good, but doing so TOO often can also be detrimental.