Walk Away The Pounds Challenge starts 14th June.

Options
rjm8185
rjm8185 Posts: 81 Member
Anyone interested in a Leslie Sansone Walk at home challenge. Completing one of her walking DVD's everyday (if possible) for a months. I'm new to all this but I'm going to try and walk 50 Miles between 15 June and 15 July. I think her DVD are great for people who are not used to much exercise and need something a little easier. It would be great if we could get a team of walkers and maybe try and hit 500 miles or even a 1000 if there's enough people interested. Just let us know if your interested and tell us what your target is for the month and we can all report back as we go along and try to encourage each other, Go on give it a try.
Rob PS. STARTS MONDAY 14 JUNE 2010

For anyone who's already put there name forward, do you think we should have a catchy name for our walking team/group?
it could be WATP Challenge or SWaT Team (Sansone Walk Team) or can you come up with something better!
If you havn't already done so can you please set a miles walk target for the month and send it on to me. Thank you
Any other Idea's greatly received.

Replies

• Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi,

Completed Leslie Sansone at Home Super Walk yesterday...21-days straight...good luck

B
  • lfinley2010
    lfinley2010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I AM TOTALLY IN AGREEMENT WITH THIS WHAT A CHALLENGE THIS WOULD BE I HAVE SEVERAL FRIENDS ON HERE AND I WILL PROMOTE THE "SWAT TEAM". KEEP ME POSTED. Gonna try and do 4 miles a day.
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Is it vital that we do her dvds, could we still be a part of the challenge and do this on our own? If so then I would love to join and I would pledge that I will get to 50 miles as well between June 14 and July 15. (as long as you are ok with me logging at the track!

P.S. I love the name swat team.

As I am posting this can someone tell this computer neo-phyte how to get to these various challenge threads a little more quickly. I can navigate to them easily enough but have to read and blast through all of the previously read posts before finding the latest. Sorry for this naive question but my skills are pretty basic! I would like to speed things along if it is possible!
  • blackchick85
    Options
    I am so in..... i have been trying to do this already so hopefully it wont be too hard.. im sure it will be worth it!!
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    I could walk. I will check my local library to see if they have her DVDs. Sounds like easy exercise that I need to do.
  • rjm8185
    Options
    Thanks for all your support everyone. Anyone can join as long as they are walking, indoors or out as long as you can clock the miles, but if you want to see one of the DVD's you can view and download a 1 mile video on Youtube.
    Heres the lnk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVjwkaLGDk

Good luck everyone Rob
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I am SO in on this challenge. I think I will do both a video and 3 days a week I go to the track.

Are we logging in our miles once a week and what day should I look for the post for that. I may not be able to check in everyday....THANKS Heidi
  • rjm8185
    Options
    Good question, I think we should log in our miles once a week on a Monday but I think if people want, I think we can all discuss what we are doing and encourage each other throughout the week. Keep us all going.

Amy more suggestions for a name for our Team/Group???

SWaT Team seems to be top at the moment (Sansone Walking Team)

Can all people taking part in the challenge please send me their Mile Targets for the month please.

If you want to make me a friend and send your target in that way, thats find too, I'M GETTING EXCITED NOW!!!
  • Barberoni
    Barberoni Posts: 7
    Options
    That would be a lot of fun.. I have several of Leslie's videos and they are motivating and fun to do.
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    Count me in. The motivation & support of the group will be just what I need. I'll pledge to walk 50 miles during the month.
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    I have on hold at my library:

The big burn: 2 miles of intervals
    Walk at home. Walk your belly flat
    Leslie Sansone's Walk at home. 3 mile slim & sleek walk

Any one better than the others? I have never done any exercise DVD aside from the 30 Day Shred.

As for my goal? I just don't know. This is an everyday things right? So, in 30 days...if I do 30 miles I will be proud of myself & anything above is bonus to me since I've never made it 30 days in a row on The Shred.
  • rjm8185
    Options
    Thats brilliant, I sure you'll find this easier to stick to than the 30 day shred. With these DVD's you just do as much as you feel on the day, maybe 1 mile one day, but 2 the next then back to 1. Its up to you. I'm hoping by the end of the challenge to do the 3 mile walk but at the moment it would be too much for me, but I'm working on it, this is the first exercise I've ever done in my life except the odd game of badmington or swimming on holiday so ts all new to me.

To me the interval DVD's would be too much if jogging is involved which it is on some of the interval DVD's.

I'm dong the basic 1 mile and 2 mle downloaded from ExerciseTV.com . I also have there 3 mile DVD which I'm working up to.

Good Luck everyone, We can do it, mile by mile.

I reckon all our Miles added together could get us across THE ATLANTIC!!!!
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! And the name SWaT is absolutely great! It's very catchy!
  • avonladytn
    Options
    I would like to join in this challenge..... I just started walking 3 days ago and am doing a half mile at a time to start with. It takes me just under 15 minutes to complete that. I love Leslie Sansone though and have 1 of her dvd's plus tons of her vhs..... no vcr though, lol!

Is anyone else watching "losing it with Jillian"??? This show has motivated even more than Biggest Loser. Something about her coming into a REAL families home with real schedules and real lifestyles etc.

OK my goal for the month....... To be able to do 1 mile (rather than just a half) and to complete 15 miles total for the month.

Melanie
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    This sounds great, I have been doing her 5 mile walk plus just bought a great pedometer. I have been averaging over 10,000 steps a day if not more so kick it up some. I also just started Sweatin to the oldies, what fun.
  • SadieJane1492
    Options
    This is a awesome idea I just joined today and I just recently purchased the 1,2,& 3 mile with stretchie and this is just the needed motivation to put it into action.
  • rjm8185
    Options
    Thats just fantastic everyone, remember every mile counts, there are 30 of us up for the SWaT TEAM Challenge now. GREAT!!!!
  • hblaura
    hblaura Posts: 7
    Options
    Love, Love, Love this idea. SWaT is great. Will let you know my goals on Moday. :love:
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Count me in !!!

I have all of her tapes, I love the 1 mile mini walks I do two sets of those a day at different times!

Look forward to tuning in on Monday with goals

See yall later!
  • rjm8185
    Options
    Hi Everyone, we've had a great response and we now had 31 names in our walking team

We have decided to call ourselves The SWaT TEAM. And this is our June 14th Challenge (Sansone Walking Team)

I have most peoples mile targets for the month and some are gong to send them on Monday (please send them to me anytime)

If you want to ADD me as a friend that might make it easier to keep informed and MOTIVATED (hopefully)

New Walkers always welcome, All you have to do s WALK. Either with Leslie's DVD's or on the treadmill or walking the dog etc etc.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, LETS HIT THOSE TARGETS, WE CAN ALL DO IT. LETS WALK ACROSS THE POND (Atlantic)