Not the winner, but certainly not a loser…or am I? (PICS)

Options
We did a weight loss challenge at work & the person with the most percentage of their weight lost would win…our last weigh in was yesterday, we knew it would be close between 3 of us and I’m super bummed to say I didn’t win by than 1%

Of course I logged onto MFP on January 7th a week before we began the challenge & dropped 7 pounds in 7 days, had that been added to my total I would have easily won.

I am still proud of myself because since January 14th:

My BMI went down 4 points

I dropped 18 pounds (just during the competition with 25 pounds total so far at my weight now I am 1.2 pounds from 10% of my original weight)

I also dropped a total of 11.5 inches off my waist, neck, hips & bust (wish I would have measured my thighs too)

When we come back from Spring Break we are starting a new round SOOOOOO this girl will for sure take the $$$ then!!!

OH BTW I found out for the last 8 weeks my coworker that barely beat me has only had shakes for breakfast & lunch and just veggies & fruit…she is miserable, where I have not eliminated anything from my diet but instead have worked to keep everything in moderation!

Before I started MFP & 7 weeks later

19942071-08a4-4aa8-bed3-26aaf5ae108e_zps532c5a34.jpg

Replies

• PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    not sure why the pics aren't showing??? my first time to try this
    OK I can't get photobucket to work BUT I uploaded the pic & made it my profile picture :)
  • PamelaGatorMom
    Options
    19942071-08a4-4aa8-bed3-26aaf5ae108e_zps532c5a34.jpg
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Good luck in your second round. You look fantastic.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    you look great in your profile pic! (I can't get pics to post right on forums)
    You did quite well indeed!

PS: extra Kudos for being healthy and good luck on round #2
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Great job losing that weight!! You definitely will be keeping it off whereas the 'winner' may have some 'bumps' in the road ahead.
  • sfdf40
    sfdf40 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Every pound lost makes you a winner! Keep in mind that your co-worker is not changing her lifestyle, so will probably gain the weight back when she goes back to eating normally... If she's miserable you know she won't keep it up.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    You are CERTAINLY a winner, no matter what :drinker:
  • ChocoCheeseaholic
    ChocoCheeseaholic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on doing so well and making it a lifestyle change! I'm actually in my last week of a biggest loser challenge through my gym and as of last week I was in 3rd. I too have been doing it the right way, though admittedly for this last week I will probably reduce my calories and may even fast the day before my final weigh in. The winner gets $800 soooo I think it's worth a shot ;-)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Great job! Sounds like you "won" the right way. =D
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great job, and what a fun way to keep motivated!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Can't see pics but wanted to say congrats on your success and hard work!
  • PamelaGatorMom
    Options
    Thank you everyone! My goal was to drop pounds & get healthier by making small changes so I do feel like in the long run I will be much better off.
  • ednaemerson
    ednaemerson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Pam: I think you have done so great. You are a very inspiring person and you lost the weight the right way. You will certainly win the battle with your outlook. From some who is very happy to be your friend.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!