23 -- on the verge of spontaneous combustion, woe-is-me!

Options
My apologies in advance if this post is in the wrong thread, as I felt it was appropriate still focusing on physical education.

I lacked a prominent father figure in my life since mine died before birth. I was raised by my grandparents and although they took care of me, they were never capable of taking me out to explore my stamina and feel the burst of energy I feel after exercising. They never encouraged me since they probably felt sorry for me and let me lead a hermitic life there for a momentary lapse of time.

There were obviously many tribulations but my childhood wasn't as bad as it could've been.
I was fortunate enough to get along with everyone from grade school to highschool graduation. Ironically, I was only ever chastized by this beef head physical education teacher I had in highschool. But then again, it wasn't a day for him unless the former Chippendale made it a point to make someone feel inferior.

Anyways, who doesn't need motivation and support? Aside from military ambitions, I would love to help teenagers and young children realize the imporantance of health. I dream of reaching out to the community and since fatherless homes are as common as sliced bread nowadays, it would be ideal to reach out to these homes and help train with them. Bonds or relationships may be formed but regardless, the primary focus is to make sure to keep our bodies active.

....no, I'm nowhere my ideal weight but I'm a humble guy, too. I used to be a pant size 44. Now, I'm snug in my 34 pant size and committed to lower that number even a bit more.

Please share your thoughts. Perspectives. Rambles. Or rant, like I just did. :embarassed: :wink:

Replies

• overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    My apologies in advance if this post is in the wrong thread, as I felt it was appropriate still focusing on physical education.

I lacked a prominent father figure in my life since mine died before birth. I was raised by my grandparents and although they took care of me, they were never capable of taking me out to explore my stamina and feel the burst of energy I feel after exercising. They never encouraged me since they probably felt sorry for me and let me lead a hermitic life there for a momentary lapse of time.

There were obviously many tribulations but my childhood wasn't as bad as it could've been.
    I was fortunate enough to get along with everyone from grade school to highschool graduation. Ironically, I was only ever chastized by this beef head physical education teacher I had in highschool. But then again, it wasn't a day for him unless the former Chippendale made it a point to make someone feel inferior.

Anyways, who doesn't need motivation and support? Aside from military ambitions, I would love to help teenagers and young children realize the imporantance of health. I dream of reaching out to the community and since fatherless homes are as common as sliced bread nowadays, it would be ideal to reach out to these homes and help train with them. Bonds or relationships may be formed but regardless, the primary focus is to make sure to keep our bodies active.

....no, I'm nowhere my ideal weight but I'm a humble guy, too. I used to be a pant size 44. Now, I'm snug in my 34 pant size and committed to lower that number even a bit more.

Please share your thoughts. Perspectives. Rambles. Or rant, like I just did. :embarassed: :wink:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Wow! How great that you have a dream and you are working towards being a role model and helping others that are in situations like yours.

Keep working hard, get the education you may need to pursue your dreams and surround yourself with people who see your vision and can help make it come true!

:happy:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I think its an awesome idea! I too have a dream like that. I was a teenage mom, and that is quite common as well. I have started a youth group here in my town since there is really nothing for them to do.. its a really small town.. But in the future I plan and WILL get a youth center built and I want to help them develop their dreams and encourage them. I want to become a councilor and help teen moms because I know how hard it is and can be.

But I think its awesome! And you are very right! There are a lot of lacking fathers and their role is VERY VERY important. Most adult issues stem from childhood... Even though you yourself are not in shape... you showing and sharing your journey is a huge inspiration and you can show it can be done. not only that you will know how to help them. Good job! Good luck with everything!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Your ambition to help children realize the importance of health is fantastic. Good luck with all of your goals!
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    Wow! How great that you have a dream and you are working towards being a role model and helping others that are in situations like yours.

Keep working hard, get the education you may need to pursue your dreams and surround yourself with people who see your vision and can help make it come true!

:happy:

Yeah, a friend once thought I wanted to go into Exercise Science and turn that into a breadmaker. Ignorance is obesity 2nc cousin so it's always fine to stay informed, but the value will be in people's lives, not my wallet.

Thank you for your kind words. :drinker:
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    I think its an awesome idea! I too have a dream like that. I was a teenage mom, and that is quite common as well. I have started a youth group here in my town since there is really nothing for them to do.. its a really small town.. But in the future I plan and WILL get a youth center built and I want to help them develop their dreams and encourage them. I want to become a councilor and help teen moms because I know how hard it is and can be.

But I think its awesome! And you are very right! There are a lot of lacking fathers and their role is VERY VERY important. Most adult issues stem from childhood... Even though you yourself are not in shape... you showing and sharing your journey is a huge inspiration and you can show it can be done. not only that you will know how to help them. Good job! Good luck with everything!!

My mom was also a teenage mom. I respect her for sacrificing her childhood to contribute to mine as opposed to have just "getting rid of me", in one form or another. Kudos to you and your family. Your ambition, should it be in God's will, shall be fulfilled and I smile for your victory in advance.

Yeah, not to stereotype, but from my personal experience, it's definitely important to have your father as a young boy. Fortunately, my alternative was Jesus Christ, as rocky as our relationship is (whole different topic).

Thank you for your support. I'm not at my ideal weight but I'm glad to wear a Large t-shirt as opposed to XXL. :smile: :laugh:
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Your ambition to help children realize the importance of health is fantastic. Good luck with all of your goals!

Thank you very much. None of it was easy but through the grace of the Almighty, I prevailed so far. Children take their little metabolisms for granted. LOL. But in all seriousness, I remember half of the depression I battled as a teenage and if an older father/brother type figure would've stepped up, things might have turned different. Regardless, I feel blessed because now this is the meaning I strive to put into my life. Cheers. :drinker:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options

My mom was also a teenage mom. I respect her for sacrificing her childhood to contribute to mine as opposed to have just "getting rid of me", in one form or another. Kudos to you and your family. Your ambition, should it be in God's will, shall be fulfilled and I smile for your victory in advance.

Yeah, not to stereotype, but from my personal experience, it's definitely important to have your father as a young boy. Fortunately, my alternative was Jesus Christ, as rocky as our relationship is (whole different topic).

Thank you for your support. I'm not at my ideal weight but I'm glad to wear a Large t-shirt as opposed to XXL. :smile: :laugh:

Jesus is a much better father anyways! I dont have that father daughter relationship with my dad. I have a dad.. hes a good dad.. just i dont really ever talk to him and him me. But thank God for God! hahaha Thats awesome to hear that your a christian!! You will go further than you can imagine! Woohoo!! Its so exciting!! It gets very very hard at times though, im sure you know all that! Starting this youth group was a real challenge... I grew a lot in it though and continue to do so. I've love to hear about your walk with God if you want to share.. you can send me a message or post it here. But if you dont want to thats not a problem! :laugh:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Good luck on all your dreams, if you dream it, it can be yours!:smile:
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options

much oblige for the kind words. My only fear with the aforementioned is that I may not have enough time in this fickle life to fulfill all of them. :grumble: :happy:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options

much oblige for the kind words. My only fear with the aforementioned is that I may not have enough time in this fickle life to fulfill all of them. :grumble: :happy:
    Yes there is that....too much to do and not enough time to do it! I know the feeling well:smile: