Most calorie-efficient home excercise?

Options
I'm short and don't weigh a lot so I burn less while excercising than I used to -_- but I need to burn some of these calories that are sitting in my tummy! Haha:) what are your most beloved calorie burning choices? I love the calorie burn from the bike machine but don't have one at home!

Replies

• Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have some Turbo Jam and Zumba DVD's...I find the change works for me and you can burn 400 or more calories per hour...depends on intensity...
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    doesn't burn a lot of calories, but i love to do crunches while watching tv, and dumbbell exercises for my arm. well, you can see the results from crunches in my photo. i burn 80something cals doing 10 mins of dumbbells and 10 mins of crunches
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    For me it would be 20 minutes of using my own body and some weights. Push-ups are good as well as star jumps or jogging on the spot. There are more and you could go onto You Tube and check out Fitness Blender. They have tons of exercises you could follow that last anything from 10 minutes to one hour. Find what works for you and I'm sure you will get to where you want to get.

All the best.
  • DreamChaser9717
    Options
    doesn't burn a lot of calories, but i love to do crunches while watching tv, and dumbbell exercises for my arm. well, you can see the results from crunches in my photo. i burn 80something cals doing 10 mins of dumbbells and 10 mins of crunches
    Your abs are inspirational haha!:)
  • rclay316
    rclay316 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    do high intensity followed by low: 30 sec High/30 sec low. torches calories. Start weight training so you burn more calories at rest.
  • aikasm
    aikasm Posts: 63
    Options
    P90x plyometrics, ouuuch
  • never124get
    never124get Posts: 163
    Options
    I dance! I know it's probably not as calorie efficient but it's really fun and you basically forget you are working out, you just have to put all your effort into it, dance like you are performing. I have all of the Just Dance games, so that's what I usually do.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope, as long as you don't have downstairs neighbors.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Do you have stairs? It's not easy on the knees, but running up and down stairs for five or ten minutes can really get that heart pumping.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm short and don't weigh a lot so I burn less while excercising than I used to -_- but I need to burn some of these calories that are sitting in my tummy! Haha:) what are your most beloved calorie burning choices? I love the calorie burn from the bike machine but don't have one at home!

You bet: jumping rope, jumping jacks, and air squats. The former two are also especially good for your lymphatic system.
  • DreamChaser9717
    Options
    Do you have stairs? It's not easy on the knees, but running up and down stairs for five or ten minutes can really get that heart pumping.
    All great ideas! And I do but I do have chronic knee issues (Iknow sad since I'm younger:p) but it was because of a skiing accident and I sprained my foot about two days ago.i didn't even know that could happen! Haha, but I will try the suggestions:)
  • Slb0504
    Slb0504 Posts: 1
    Options
    Jumping rope burns so much, but it's so hard..lol
  • chadgard
    chadgard Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm short and don't weigh a lot so I burn less while excercising than I used to

You could make yourself as heavy as you used to so you can still burn as much - How 'bout trying a weight vest.

jumping rope is really intense, but not sure how it would affect your knee issues... Perhaps it would be worthwhile to get a trainer for your bike (cheaper than buying a stationary bike...)...
  • DreamChaser9717
    Options

You could make yourself as heavy as you used to so you can still burn as much - How 'bout trying a weight vest.

jumping rope is really intense, but not sure how it would affect your knee issues... Perhaps it would be worthwhile to get a trainer for your bike (cheaper than buying a stationary bike...)...
    Where could u get these products? Thanks for the suggestions!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope and calisthenics.
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ever try doing 10 minutes of continuous jumping jacks?
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

I have one. She can walk with one and even do some limited jogging, but I don't think she could do a lot of the indoor exercises we've been suggesting with one on.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I dance, and do crunches n other painful stuff.. well it is painful when you decide to do it till the next commercial break and the B******* dont program one for 10 minutes!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I have a bike trainer gizmo--I think I got it on ebay or similar. CycleOps is the brand. It's okay.

Jumping rope is one of the cheapest pieces of exercise equipment out there. You can get one for $5. I've read that it is less impact than running, because you land on both feet. Get a rubber mat, perhaps, to practice on.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Insanity Max Plyo!