i need to know what the best milk and cereal

Options
is for losing weight i have been doing 2/milk and special k cereal

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    cooked amaranth or quinoa or buckwheat and no milk....
  • ForMyAngelBaby
    ForMyAngelBaby Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I prefer to use Almond Milk...has a nice flavor that's added to the cereal. Of course, as much as I drink milk it's not always an option - so I go for 1%
  • DanaMcCrea
    DanaMcCrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    For milk, I use unsweetened Almond Milk. They range in calories from 30 to 80 calories a cup. I eat Fiber One (80 calorie) cereal. Sometimes regular Cheerios.
  • Emglyfolk
    Emglyfolk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ...depends how hungry your are. you can add Greek yogurt to any hot or cold cereal and some bran buds - more protien and fiber - less hunger. change it up so you don't get bored.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    As said, I think almond milk is the way to go :)
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I love granola. Small portion size, but it packs enough calories and protein to keep you full for hours. It does have kind of a lot of sugar though, depending on what kind you get.
  • driley9330
    driley9330 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The best milk and cereal is fat free milk and corn flakes.
  • mdlga87
    mdlga87 Posts: 5
    Options
    Regular cheerios and unsweetened vanilla almond milk :-)
  • kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    In terms of calories, flax milk has a lower count than almond (25 per cup) but also has a very similar taste, so usually go for that when I'm calorie-concerned.
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I drink the 35 cal unsweetened vanilla Almond Milk, 1 cup of Kashi Go Lean (original - NOT the crunch), 1/2 a banana and 1 TSP of Flax Seed. This is about 300 calories - got it out of the Insanity Nutrition plan. Love it!!

:drinker:
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    Skimmed milk. Cereal can be quite sugary and very lacking in nutrients, so I reccomend you check the box before buying. I personally eat a granola type cereals, it's got lots of nuts and oats in it. I make sure to check the boxes.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I use breast milk. It's healthy and natural. Almond and soy milk is processed, and cow milk isn't for humans. It's kind of sweet. I love it!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    the best cereal is lucky charms, obv.
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    blue diamond almond milk!
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    I use breast milk. It's healthy and natural. Almond and soy milk is processed, and cow milk isn't for humans. It's kind of sweet. I love it!

So jealous.

I drink organic whole milk because it's real milk. I used to drink raw, but it became a huge headache to procure.

As for cereal, I only eat it as a snack. It's not a meal. With that in mind, I love fruity cheerios (or the TJs version), and generic versions of frosted mini-wheats (the real kind are terrible and contain HFCS).
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options

do you milk yourself and drink your own?
  • becky6m
    becky6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I always eat fiber one honey squares, its 80 calories. I use 2% milk. I haven't made the switch to almond milk.
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I drink 2% milk in my protein shake, but am getting ready to change that. I do not eat cereal anymore, I used to eat grape-nuts, but now just do fruit and protein shakes. Eggs/bacon and supplements. Often times it would be healthier to eat the box and throw the cereal away LOL good luck
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Cap'n Crunch - hands down.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to total cals if you want to lose weight.. not what milk or cereal you eat.