Can't seem to loose much weight

Options
Hi, I'm trying hard but seem to be losing so slowly am I doing enough and eating right...? Do I need to up my proton and lower carbs? I would love any advice I can get as my brain going round in circles.
I have an open diary, my workouts are

Monday- bum legs and thigh with step class at gym. 15min ab blast class
Tuesday- an hour beach power walk roughly around 3 km
Wednesday- 40 min arm and chest free wight workout and half hour walk
Thursday - 1hr beach walk and half hr tabata class and half hr spin class
Friday- shoulders and back 40mins free weights. 50 minute spin class
Saturday-half hr try class and 40min spin class
Sunday-rest day

I cannot figure out where I am going wrong :(

Replies

• mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You just joined last month and have lost 8 pounds. It sounds like you're doing great.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    my only suggestion is to track sodium ..too much sodium is a culprit
  • fatface13
    Options
    Ok brilliant thanks for the advice, I try to tick to 1200 as much as I can. Wow 22lbs in 10 weeks that's amazing, well done. I feel quite bloated most of the time could this be too many veg or salad ?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Too much cardio, not enough lifting with the biggest fat burning muscles you got - your lower body.

You got time it appears, and desire to do some lifting.

3 x weekly full body, focus on biggest muscles first, legs.

3 x week, no cardio that isn't going to allow focus on the lifting, meaning only fat-burning HR zone cardio day after lifting, to allow full recovery and repair of the session.

Brief cardio day of lifting, afterwards, whatever you can manage. But if limited on time, give it to the lifting.

You will be eating less with this routine, as lifting doesn't burn nearly as much during the session. But it burns more fat during the repair process as your food goes toward the repair.
    Gentle cardio also doesn't burn as much, so less eat back then too.

But do eat back it all - otherwise why do hard workouts if you are wanting anything out of it. The burn estimates are purely for energy spent moving - not what could be used for making the body better later.

Watch the inches mainly as body reshapes itself.

And why do you think progress so far is bad?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    You haven't logged much water, and you feel bloated? Try drinking more water, then your body won't be holding on to it. You've lost 8lbs. Patience:) Slow and steady wins the race.
  • kenj13
    kenj13 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ok brilliant thanks for the advice, I try to tick to 1200 as much as I can. Wow 22lbs in 10 weeks that's amazing, well done. I feel quite bloated most of the time could this be too many veg or salad ?

I find that feeling bloated can come from a few things: 1. too little water, 2. too much sodium, 3. too many starchy carbs (i.e. bread) or 4. sometime diary.

Sound like you have some great progress! Keep at it! :smile:
  • fatface13
    Options
    I do actually drink a lot of wate throughout the day I just don't log it .
  • MrsTheunissen
    MrsTheunissen Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying hard but seem to be losing so slowly am I doing enough and eating right...? Do I need to up my proton and lower carbs? I would love any advice I can get as my brain going round in circles.
    I have an open diary, my workouts are

Monday- bum legs and thigh with step class at gym. 15min ab blast class
    Tuesday- an hour beach power walk roughly around 3 km
    Wednesday- 40 min arm and chest free wight workout and half hour walk
    Thursday - 1hr beach walk and half hr tabata class and half hr spin class
    Friday- shoulders and back 40mins free weights. 50 minute spin class
    Saturday-half hr try class and 40min spin class
    Sunday-rest day

I cannot figure out where I am going wrong :(

How much are you looking to lose? And I don't see any water log or veggies.. You say that you are trying to stick to 1200 cal. Is it hard? if it is then maybe you should go up 400-500 cal with that kind of exercise and not eat back exercised calories.
  • jodiprince2012
    Options
    Yea you need to watch your sodium intake because the more sodium you take in the more water weight you will hold..when im stressed out and seem like my week isnt going that well I will get into a sauna for around 30 mins and it help out alot to reduce the water weight by sweating it out :) hope it helps
  • kemarryat
    kemarryat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are doing well. I recently lost 27 pounds but did it a 1-1 1/2 pounds a week. Maybe you could add protein? Are you doing 90-100 g of protein a day? It helps.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Too much cardio, not enough lifting with the biggest fat burning muscles you got - your lower body.

You got time it appears, and desire to do some lifting.

3 x weekly full body, focus on biggest muscles first, legs.

3 x week, no cardio that isn't going to allow focus on the lifting, meaning only fat-burning HR zone cardio day after lifting, to allow full recovery and repair of the session.

Brief cardio day of lifting, afterwards, whatever you can manage. But if limited on time, give it to the lifting.

You will be eating less with this routine, as lifting doesn't burn nearly as much during the session. But it burns more fat during the repair process as your food goes toward the repair.
    Gentle cardio also doesn't burn as much, so less eat back then too.

But do eat back it all - otherwise why do hard workouts if you are wanting anything out of it. The burn estimates are purely for energy spent moving - not what could be used for making the body better later.

Watch the inches mainly as body reshapes itself.

And why do you think progress so far is bad?

Listen to this!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? 1200 calories a day with that much exercise is a recipe to plateau in the near future if you're not eating back those calories.