I lost 23 pounds in 9 days by being dedicated.

Options
I have been doing insanity, spinning, running, and dieting and have lost 23 lbs in 9 days. Trying to prepare for a marathon and if I can do it, so can you so join the team and lets all work together to reach are goals.

Replies

• mommycordillia
    Options
    be careful!!! you could really be hurting your body like that, but great job on being committed, you may just wanna slow it down a bit before your body gives up on ya.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    be careful!!! you could really be hurting your body like that, but great job on being committed, you may just wanna slow it down a bit before your body gives up on ya.

Yes that sounds a bit too much. Take care.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Crazy. Don't want to be the one to burst your bubble, but I find that really hard to believe. That really can't be good for you. Be careful.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone. Please DON'T diet. That's not what I am doing. I am eating and exercising the way I need to for the rest of my life, not just for a marathon. :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    all things in mderation. Extreme measures can work for a while (partially due to water loss)... Extreme weight loss often is a result of loss of lean body mass (muscle) in larger than necessary increments. I suggest moderating a little and get lasting resulats. These typs of results cannot be sustained over time... And if they are, they can be dangerous. I know a gentleman that went on a juicing diet and lost like 50 lbs in a couple of months. He posted a really upbeat post about how he was going to continue what he was doing for a while longer because he was feeling so much better... His wife posted on his account the next morning... He was only in his late 50s. Be careful.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Slow down my friend....that's way too fast! Much of that has to be water. Dehydration is very hazardous to your health.
  • mommycordillia
    Options
    did anyone else ge a rude message from this dude? who does he think he is?? makes a post like this then turns into capton *kitten* when anyone put in there two cents
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Sorry, cannot see how that can be good for you!
    Not realistic or sustainable, I too would rather be in for the marathon than the sprint.
  • Gimarie_sud
    Gimarie_sud Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is Congratulations!! People take it easy... the more you have the more you lose. It is a big amount of weight (probably some water weight) it will slow down. I would be trilled if I lose that much, people bring negativism out of jealousy. :) keep the hard work my friend but make sure you are getting enough nutrients!! I lost 9lb on 7 days with lots of hard work & healthy eating, not as much as you, but enough to keep me motivated, my doctor is happy with the amount due to my weight
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    did anyone else ge a rude message from this dude? who does he think he is?? makes a post like this then turns into capton *kitten* when anyone put in there two cents

you've made me want to comment to see if I get a rude message too haahaa
  • mommycordillia
    Options

you've made me want to comment to see if I get a rude message too haahaa

lol! he told me in his next message that he is a spin instructor...but you would think that anyone who is in the field of teach people to be fit, is probably very fit themself and would know that this is unhealthy
  • mockchoc
    Options

No not yet but that is what happens when you starve yourself. You get hangry.
  • mommycordillia
    Options

oh no, according to his message he east 6-7 meals a day...and 'knows what he's doin'...
  • mockchoc
    Options

oh no, according to his message he east 6-7 meals a day...and 'knows what he's doin'...

One baby carrot a meal does not make a meal.
  • mommycordillia
    Options

One baby carrot a meal does not make a meal.

say what?? man, I guess I'm not really eating 12 meals a day then :(