Perceptions of intellect?

Options

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    It's not just fat and thin. I have large biceps so obviously I'm stupid. And of course everybody assumes I've never read a peer reviewed study just because I refuse to link or quote any of them.

Everyone knows that meatheads can't read. We just stare at ourselves in the mirror while blowing kisses at our flexed pecs.

Stop copying and pasting things from the Interwebz. Someone with your physique doesn't know how to construct "sentences." Pfft.
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm blonde and babyfaced. Brilliance is the last thing that anyone expects of me. I'm alright with that. The more someone underestimates me, the easier it is for me to kick their *kitten* at EVERYTHING.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm blonde and babyfaced. Brilliance is the last thing that anyone expects of me. I'm alright with that. The more someone underestimates me, the easier it is for me to kick their *kitten* at EVERYTHING.

Ummmmmmmmmm it's not cause of your blondes or your babyfaces it's because of ummmm.....er.....something else.
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Ummmmmmmmmm it's not cause of your blondes or your babyfaces it's because of ummmm.....er.....something else.

My rack is usually well hidden. But point taken. ;)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's not just fat and thin. I have large biceps so obviously I'm stupid. And of course everybody assumes I've never read a peer reviewed study just because I refuse to link or quote any of them.

Everyone knows that meatheads can't read. We just stare at ourselves in the mirror while blowing kisses at our flexed pecs.

Stop copying and pasting things from the Interwebz. Someone with your physique doesn't know how to construct "sentences." Pfft.

Actually I'm 5'7, weigh 167 lbs, and have 12 inch biceps. I wrote the sentence but cut and pasted my photo. From a real man, unlike myself
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    i dont go by weight, i just go by gender, the weaker sex and all. Just the purely logical way.

there are only a few biological genders, you can't just go claiming one for your own. :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I don't think its about the weight. Its about how you carry yourself. I come off as sometimes intimidating to some because I usually have a serious face and even when I'm joking I usually use a straight, serious face. So folks who don't know me think I'm about to start kicking somebody's *kitten*.

Its all about how you carry yourself. IMHO

I can barely carry my keys much less myself. please demonstrate.

large_5.27.08-SOPRANOS.AUCTION.jpg
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I wanted to say something in this thread, but I just couldn't piece together what.
  • DavPul
    Options
    I wanted to say something in this thread, but I just couldn't piece together what.

obv you're too attractive to form a coherent thought
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Precisely. You're pretty smart for a tough guy.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's any real correlation. I have seen both incredibly stupid and incredibly intelligent fat people and thin people. Heck, even medical professionals are often overweight or smoke cigarettes, etc...
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Basically, I assume everyone is stupider than me.

You must be just about as intelligent as me then. Except I don't make assumptions, everyone IS stupider than me. Or they'd be me. Ipso facto.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Perceive someone as stupid when they say YOLO

:laugh:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Actually I'm 5'7, weigh 167 lbs, and have 12 inch biceps. I wrote the sentence but cut and pasted my photo. From a real man, unlike myself

Those are frighteningly close to my stats!
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    yeh and aparently every one with big muscles is a dumbass too
  • mahirob
    mahirob Posts: 35
    Options
    I did read an article about those who work out tend to earn more.

http://business.time.com/2012/06/08/one-more-reason-to-hit-the-gym-youll-make-more-money/

It doesn't have anything to do with intelligence. The article gives the reason: discipline.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I'm always surprised that you don't confuse your and you're. ;) (for the mods, that isn't serious)

I'm the son of a Mexican immigrant and an immigrant myself, people are free to assume neither my parents nor I have an education or migrated due to poverty in our home country. ****, a lady once asked me if I had a donkey back "home".

Stereotypes - meathead, overweight, immigrants, what not. When you use them, who's the joke?
  • DavPul
    Options

Those are frighteningly close to my stats!

Maybe, but I've seen you lift 413 lbs. That's some Super Spidey Strength right there!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    It really depends on where fat comes off first. Stupid fat is the most stubborn.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Mama always says, "Stoopid is as stoopid does."
  • Ribba
    Ribba Posts: 31
    Options
    I have noticed that some people stereotype the obese as less intelligent... While others stereotype very thin women as 'ditzy'.
    Seems to me that the stereotypical intelligent person must be a perfect weight... Thoughts?

Yes I've noticed this too & felt the victim of it (both versions)

I figure that these people are missing out on an abundant source of wisdom as the ratio of people I know that are the 'perfect weight' are out numbered many times over. I call this karma.