"Shut the f**k up!"

Options
KatyCrum6969
KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
I was talking to a friend of mine (Okay, **** buddy. Judge me if you must.) and he said to me "You know, I love your body. You're not skinny, and that's hot as hell." It left me sitting there thinking to myself at first "Um, wat." and then "Shut the f**k up!"
Have you guys ever had moments like that? Where someone says something to you that they mean as a compliment, but you think about and you're just like "CHILD, I WILL SMACK YOU"? If so, please share! :laugh:

Replies

• Effulgence
    Effulgence Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yeppp!I had a short fling with a guy over the summer and things got really complicated really fast. But anyways, the last time I saw him it was so awkward and I was just attempting to make small talk. He worked at a pawn shop so we were talking about some new exercise equipment that had just came into the store. I said I had no idea what it was and he chuckled to himself and said something like "I can tell." I'm just like "What?" and he responds with "Well you're not exactly in ridiculous shape or anything." I had no idea what to say so I'm just like "Ok.." and he shrugs and just says "Sorry." I just left.

He texted me a week+ after that. He apologized for obviously implying I was fat and then proceeded to tell me how attractive I was. He then goes "Yeah sorry I'm just brutally honest." And I was like "So you do think I'm fat..?" and he goes "Yeah but you're still hott."

He was such a complete creep. So glad he's out of my life now.
  • KatyCrum6969
    Options
    Haha, I hate stuff like that! I mean, even if you say that I'm hot after calling me fat I'm still gonna tell you to shut up...
  • Effulgence
    Effulgence Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I couldn't believe he thought he was complimenting me! He was just like "Oh but I still really like you and I'm still attracted to you." No, dude, no. I will not accept being the fat chick, hot or not.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm yeah i guess.. i always get told I LOVE YOUR CHUBBY CHEEKS.. lol.. oh and..

i love how you have such a perfectly shaped round head- its just sooo round and perfect

lol... yeah i was mad at first hearing both but now i accept it lol...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Would you prefer he tell you that you are a fatty?
  • mommycordillia
    Options
    ya I've always been a little on the chubby side (even more so now after having my daughter) and every guy I have been with has said he loves how I'm not all skin and bones, but it just makes me so mad, cuz I hate being fat and having them point out that I'm obviously not small really pissed me off.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    "I can tell you've lost weight, I can see it in your boobs. But you've lost more on the right one. It's weird. But I still love them".

Yes, I'm still going to marry him.
  • mahirob
    mahirob Posts: 35
    Options
    I never understood the no filter thing. Sure I've definitely said some stupid stuff, but mindlessly blurting out something that could hurt someone; come on guy. Being cognizant of people's feelings should be a no brainer.

After saying this, I am sure I'm going to make a stupid remark in the next week.
  • KatyCrum6969
    Options
    I would prefer he didn't comment on such a sensitive topic for so many people! If you like someone's body, you can just say that. You don't have to add that you like it because they're "chubby" or "fat".
  • KatyCrum6969
    Options
    I never understood the no filter thing. Sure I've definitely said some stupid stuff, but mindlessly blurting out something that could hurt someone; come on guy. Being cognizant of people's feelings should be a no brainer.

After saying this, I am sure I'm going to make a stupid remark in the next week.
    This!!!
  • mahirob
    Options
    I would prefer he didn't comment on such a sensitive topic for so many people! If you like someone's body, you can just say that. You don't have to add that you like it because they're "chubby" or "fat".

For some reason people feel that is their god given right to say what they see. They have zero regard for human decency. They think that since they've been blessed with a faster metabolism they can say what they please. All it really is, is common decency. Is it so hard to be respectful of others, even if they aren't the image you'd like them to be. I'm not even saying we should have a more PC world as I actually think we are overly PC now. I just would like to see a push for people respecting others and not blatantly going out of there way to being cruel like whierd just did. -end rant.
  • KatyCrum6969
    Options

For some reason people feel that is their god given right to say what they see. They have zero regard for human decency. They think that since they've been blessed with a faster metabolism they can say what they please. All it really is, is common decency. Is it so hard to be respectful of others, even if they aren't the image you'd like them to be. I'm not even saying we should have a more PC world as I actually think we are overly PC now. I just would like to see a push for people respecting others and not blatantly going out of there way to being cruel like whierd just did. -end rant.
    I'm a stronger believer in "You can think whatever you want, just don't let it come out of your mouth." It's what my mom taught me as a child, and it's what I try to live by. Really, if what you have to say MIGHT hurt someone, it probably doesn't need to be said.
  • mahirob
    Options
    I completely agree.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

How on earth did you interpret what I said as cruel? It was an honest question. She took exception to the fact he said he enjoyed her body because it was a certain way. That is ridiculous and overly sensitive.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Since when does "not skinny"="fat"?
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    Your jeans are too tight. What?

Your earrings are too dangly and too blingy. Say what?

You aren't going to have a sandwich because there was some mold on the side of the cheese? Well, umm, yeah that's about right.

You shouldn't drink regular coffee, it isn't good for you. That's why I drink decaf. Um, isn't caffeine the reason to drink coffee?

He just texted. Again. Wants to know what went wrong. Really???
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

How on earth did you interpret what I said as cruel? It was an honest question. She took exception to the fact he said he enjoyed her body because it was a certain way. That is ridiculous and overly sensitive.

^Agreed. Just like I think maybe OP was being oversensitve to a "buddy" who was trying to compliment her. Sometimes, some people stumble over their own feet. Doesn't mean they deserve to be chewed out or raged at.

this-is-gonna-be-good.gif
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    first, from what I can see of you, you're not at all fat
    second, a lot of guys like the ladies soft in the right places
    and finally, if he's that good of a friend, he's obviously happy with how you look
    oh, and as a guy I can say that we generally aren't thinking all that clearly before, durring or after sex.
  • KatyCrum6969
    Options
    Since when does "not skinny"="fat"?
    When he got to that part he got this weird look on his face, like he was trying to figure out how best to describe it without completely insulting me. So it wasn't entirely what he said, but how he said it.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    That's like saying...."it tastes like *kitten* but in a good way!"
This discussion has been closed.