I want everyone to keep this in mind

Options
2»

Replies

• andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree, I felt sexier at 299 than I do right now due to the fact that I have lose skin. Feeling sexy is a state of mind. No amount of fat or lack of fat can make you feel sexy.
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Options
    Great way to start my day off reading this! Thanks so much for the reminder! Need more like this on here!
  • MommaSari
    MommaSari Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am not saying this to start anything, however, let's be realistic here. Yes, trying to look like a 90lbs model is unhealthy, but wanting to loose weight because you want to look better to yourself isn't a bad thing. Telling people that it's not okay to want to loose weight to look better isn't okay either. I think, as a society, we do too much judging of others. It's fine to want to support people and want to help them make themselves healthy. I am overweight, but, according to he doctor, I am very healthy. However, I want to loose weight so that my weight doesn't cause me to be unhealthy someday....however, that is the answer I give "Society" since it seems to be "unacceptable" to want to loose weight to look better. Something I have learned on this journey so far is to be true to yourself. It is PERFECTLY acceptable that I want to loose weight to look better and feel better about myself. The 8lbs I have lost have given be a confidence I didn't even know I had...that's just 8lbs..I'm excited for the rest of it.
  • JanetK1946
    Options
    Great post!! I really needed that. Thanks so much.
  • sbussert
    sbussert Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I agree whole heatedly!
  • JustForMe2
    Options
    Great post! Thank you for this... I certainly don't hear this type of message much... BUT... I know for me, I couldn't stay on a healthy diet until I realized I needed to eat to repair the damage done to my body... like liver and kidneys.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    , you are sexy and you are important whether you are 700 pounds or 100 pounds.

After a brief look in the chit chat section amongst the billions of 'Rate the person above you', 'would you 'bang' the person above you' type threads, it seems that most unfortunately dont agree with you
  • Khamerta
    Khamerta Posts: 23
    Options
    Yes, I get that from my husband, he asks why I care what people think and he tells me he loves me whatever I weigh, and that I'm already sexy.

I tell him I'm doing this for ME not for him, or anyone else. I want to feel good about myself, honestly I want to feel like MYSELF, I don't want to be a size 2, I want to be a size me!