day off track

Options
Happy mothers day to you all, Is there anyone that has gone of track today. Was brought 3 small bags of chocolate for mothers day and i have consumed about 2 bags so far. Went for a walk with the dog and family minus husband and got so cold we all had a bag of chips. so far and well over my points. Now have a roast dinner and a chocolate gateau for tea. Oh dear. Anyone else gone over your calories and how do you go about getting straight back on the plan tomorrow

Replies

• VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    One day is fine and it is a special day for you Mums! Just remember why you are on here and focus on your goal, enjoy today then let it go starting back as normal tomorrow Happy Mothers Day enjoy.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You just go straight back on the plan tomorrow.

Happy Mothers Day.

Enjoy yourself. One day isn't going to kill you.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I go over my calories often. The key is to log it and move on. A day or two will not affect your progress. Enjoy the food and good company guilt-free!
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    must be mother's day wherever you are as it is not mother's day where i am and i still managed to get off track today. way off track. how do i plan to get back on the wagon? well, i'm going to pull up one of my best days of logging food and follow what i ate that day for a few days next week. definitely staying off the scale for a week until i've sorted out the additional water weight i know i will gain.

it's a constant uphill battle. not much i can do other than forget today happened and move on.
  • funkylemur
    funkylemur Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Its one day ! Enjoy yourself, ignore the guilt and have a fabulous week :wink:
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Happy mothers day to you too! Yep my day will go well over. My son baked me a cake so I can't exactly tell him (7 years old) that "sorry can't eat that I am on a diet" - so I WILL eat it - then my kids told my husband to take us to the Indian for dinner because they know I love it and it will save me cooking. Will log it - go totally over - but won't worry - just get on with it again tomorrow.
    We need to "live a little" too! Hope you have a great day.
  • rustvaar
    rustvaar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been off track for the past three days!

I knew Friday was going to be bad so I tried my best to preempt it by doing more work in the gym and I wound up so full from lunch I didn't need to eat dinner - so it wasn't that bad!

Saturday was a write-off. What started as an innocent lunch turned sinister when alcohol got involved. A few too many vodkas after an already very calorie intensive lunch and I was a goner; the evening ended with a chicken burger and chips. Bad man.

Today I woke up too late for breakfast and too hungover to give a damn, so I've been drinking Diet Pepsi all day and I had a small four-hundred calorie lunch. Later on tonight I'm having pizza for dinner!

The way I look at it (and the way you should, too) is that you're not going to repeat this scenario every day, let alone every week or even every month! You need to find a balance, you need to be able to enjoy a treat now and then and if you feel bad for it then you have a bad relationship with food that will need to be reassessed.

Tomorrow is a fresh start, just like the first step on your weight-loss journey was a fresh start. For fifteen years I ate what I liked when I liked, drank regular Coke, ate chocolate, chips, crisps and pizza all to excessive levels. One day I woke up and enough was enough; that was about four months ago to the day and here I am 54 lbs lighter.

You need to make sure that your mind is focused and strong. You CAN do it if you choose to.

It's Mother's Day; you're allowed to be pampered and over do it!

Bear in mind that over-eating today does not mean punishment tomorrow. You still need to fuel your body! :)

Best of luck.
  • momalor3
    momalor3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think the worse thing you can do is beat yourself up over it. Learn, log, and move on. Tomorrow is a new and wonderful day!
  • neveend
    neveend Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    you said something that really made me think. you said if we feel bad about it then we have a bad relationship with food. I had sort of an off day yesterday and today, and i do feel so guilty and dreading tomorrow morning's weigh in.
    Im curious as to why you say that if we feel guilty then we have a bad relationship with food? this is just an idea that i never thought of and now i find myself asking questions about my relationship with food.