Scale

Options
I want to lose 10-15lbs so i started doing the INSANITY workout videos and watch my calorie intake. The problem here is that I am going to gain muscle which wont make the scale go down... what should I do to stay motivated without seeing that number drop? :frown: will i burn enough fat for the number to drop? :noway:

Replies

• jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I try on an outfit one size smaller then try it on again 2-3 weeks later! Great motivation! Makes me feel good when it fits just right.
  • amyfritz
    amyfritz Posts: 33
    Options
    Go by measurements. You will notice yourself getting tigher and leaner. You will probably lose a few inches even though the scale might not budge.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Do just as much cardio to burn the fat. I've increased my strength routine and can tell I've gained muscle... but I also increased my cardio to 2-a-days TRYING to get up to an hour a day of cardio so I can burn the fat as fast as I'm building the muscle.

I realized last week that my running shorts were getting PRETTY tight...but then I pulled them on this morning and they're loose again! So I know what I'm doing is working...just keep at it, but work on cardio as well. Go for a walk or a run, jump rope, hula hoop, ride your bike, rollerblade, ice skate. There are so many fun options! Also, with Insanity...I believe it's more of a circuit, right? So you should be getting both cardio AND strength and really shouldn't have much to worry about. But more cardio definitely can't hurt! Good luck!!

Also - measurements. Take your measurements now and compare in a couple weeks or a month... when the scale doesn't go down, and the measurements do, you know you're still doing it right!
  • burtam
    burtam Posts: 42
    Options
    Tape measure!!!! Chest, hips and navel - I GUARANTEE you will see your hips melt off first!!! :)
    (or a belt - just mark the start and the end....)

Best of Luck!

OR ---- I just came from the YMCA and did the Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis. $15 is all. You could do that and go back in a few weeks - this will show your actual body fat percentage. Lean vs. Fat