How many calories burn going to Mass?

Options
Calliope610
Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
I'm Catholic, and surely I should be able to log in the calories I burn every Sunday morning attending Mass. I mean, all that standing, sitting and kneeling adds up to something, right?

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    did you light a candle?
  • rose944
    rose944 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    None at all. If you want to lose weight try running or join a gym. I would walk to church, dance during worship, and then exersise after church. I'm not sure if you're trying to make a joke or you are just lazy. I mean REALLY people.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    It depends. Don't you eat crackers there too?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but be sure to log your communion wafer!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'm Catholic, and surely I should be able to log in the calories I burn every Sunday morning attending Mass. I mean, all that standing, sitting and kneeling adds up to something, right?

Are you for real?
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It burns as many as taking a shower plus washing hair. Meaning it has no business counting as exercise.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    As long as I get to count the calories it takes me to roll my eyes in response.
  • pookahbot
    pookahbot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree--do you know how much work it takes to keep your ab/back/thigh muscles engaged while kneeling so that your bum doesn't hit the pew?
    Come on, she wasn't seriously thinking she could claim Mass as an exercise. Take a joke, people.
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Are you for real?

Have you ever heard of a joke?
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options

That's another issue. Do you log the it after the magic makes it becomes pure protein and fat (flesh) or before when it's just carbohydrate?
  • AlanTuring
    AlanTuring Posts: 159
    Options
    Should you log the body of Christ as carbs or protein?

That's another issue. Do you log the it after the magic makes it becomes pure protein and fat (flesh) or before when it's just carbohydrate?
    haha darn it, I got ninja'd.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

Are you for real?

Have you ever heard of a joke?
    Yes, they're usually in the chit chat, fun and games section :flowerforyou:
  • Calliope610
    Options
    Apparently, when some people attempt to lose weight, they also lose their sense of humor.
  • AlanTuring
    Options
    Apparently, when some people attempt to lose weight, they also lose their sense of humor.
    It's possible to get down to 10% body fat and still be remarkably thick. :P
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

Good point, my guess would be after.
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Hehe this made me LOL. I have family who are Catholic and the whole sit down, stand up, sit down again, stay-where-you-are-you-aren't-a-catholic, stand up, say this, say that, do this, do that confuses the HECK out of me! Fortunately they all seem to find my confusion entertaining.

Good point, my guess would be after.

But doesn't it turn into Jesus? Isn't Jesus perfect? And if He's perfect won't he be calorie free for those of us who need to lose weight??
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

You're bumping your completely unfunny topic in the diet and weight loss section, someone might be missing much needed advice on how to stay under 500 calories :sad:
  • AlanTuring
    Options

You're bumping your completely unfunny topic in the diet and weight loss section, someone might be missing much needed advice on how to stay under 500 calories :sad:
    You can tell it's completely unfunny based on the fact that there are a lot of people here agreeing with you, and no one else is joining in with the humor. :(
  • Calliope610
    Options

To stay under 500 calories, definitely no wine during communion.
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am actually a practicing Catholic and today at mass I did genuinely wonder how many calories I might be burning with standing and singing, kneeling, sitting, fighting my child to prevent him from wriggling, when you stretch across pews at the sharing of the peace... *grins*