40 yr old female looking for weight loss buddies

Options
I began my weight-loss journey (again) last year as I was getting close to the big 4-0 and realized that I really enjoyed my life and want to live it as long as possible! I managed to lose about 55 pounds with WW .. but my motivation waned and I gained back 15 just before the New Year. With my hubby's encouragement, I decided to try MFP which I started in January. I've been doing to the gym off / on and trying to manage my caloric intake.. however, I haven't managed to lose more than 7 pounds. I would like to find some weight loss buddies to help push me forward on this challenging journey.

Replies

• gregre04
    gregre04 Posts: 91
    Options
    You can add me to your list, we all struggle and need support.
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm in the same boat. Pushing 43 this year and generally feel terrible about my body. Would love to support you on your journey.
  • MichiganJen
    MichiganJen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I understand how that goes! Friend away!

Applies to anyone here. Really. I can use all the help I can get! LOL!
  • gemkat13
    gemkat13 Posts: 60
    Options
    You can add me too!!
  • tryttej
    tryttej Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I'm 41, and have been at this seriously (this time!) for about 9 months. I've lost about 60 pounds so far, hoping for 30-40 more. Good luck with your journey!
  • mcoh73
    mcoh73 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I've just started - I'll be 40 at the end of the yearso I'm keen to look good and feel better. I want my hub to take me on a nice beach holiday (so I want to look "not bad" in a swimsuit - not expecting miracles!). We can support each other. You've done so well so far even if you did put a little bit back on. You've still lost a lot which is really good. Wish I could do that too!
  • genthehen78
    genthehen78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, not sure how all this forum stuff works but I would love to have motivational buddies. I will be 40 in August and I really need to shift some weight before then! I hope we can all inspire and motivate each other.
  • yvonnell
    yvonnell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me, on the same journey i will be 42 this year and want better overall health!!!
  • yvonnell
    yvonnell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sure you can add me, this journey requires support. But I am sure we can reach our goals!!
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi- You can add me. I will be 42 this year and have made it my mission to spend this year working on me and my health.
  • Loveslupins
    Loveslupins Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Me too! Almost 42 and really feeling the metabolism slow down...it's so hard to lose 10 pounds!
  • catbit
    catbit Posts: 28
    Options
    Add me! I am almost 43 and determined to make my body better at 43 than at 42!!!
  • jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Would love to help you on your journey. Will send you a friend request now :) x
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You can add me .im 45 and trying to lose weight before summer comes .
  • mywieghtmustcomeoff
    mywieghtmustcomeoff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are, im 36 and dont want the weight to sit around forever. When you want to chat and converse about our workout?:smile:
  • marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I am 40 and focused! FINALLY :)
  • Nigelfightingfit
    Nigelfightingfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    49 and flabby and I definitely need support, so I am more tan happy to send some in the other direction. Feel free to add me :0)
  • josh0208
    josh0208 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 42 and am in the same situation. Started back up the beginning of January and have been able to lose 10.5 pounds.
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You know you can do this, since you've already had success. Just take it one day at a time and move on from your mistakes. Send a friend request if you want. Peer support is really helpful!! :o)
  • ph0enix74
    ph0enix74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm nearing 40 and on a mission to lose 80 pounds (so far I've lost 19 since mid-January)...please friend away...anyone! I know I can use all the encouragement I can get, and I try to stay positive for all of my buddies! :wink: