Replies

• drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Paid to poop but only farted?
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Since I work out at home alone and tend to have cats hanging around, I cannot afford complete failure so I stop when my form suffers or I can barely push out that last rep. Then I don't drop weights, hurt my knees or my cats lol
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Lots of times. I've never had a face plant. I just toss it backwards. It happens most often coming out of the hole with something that is greater than 90% of my 1RM.
  • koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i got stuck at the bottom. had the catch bars so just rolled the bar off my back
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    tagging to read in detail later...
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Of course, but I don't squat heavy without a spot. So, all is well.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I failed on a hack squat machine early on. I had to evacuate from the bottom of the slide and unload. No harm done, but it was embarrassing.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    yep, on my own, training at home. Not just once either. I work out next to the bed so I can dump the weight if necessary. Squat total fails result in me having to shuffle backwards until the barbell is close enough to the bed so I can dump it.

I don't usually go to failure without my husband spotting me, I usually stop when the last rep is really, really, really extremely difficult and I can barely get up.

I am so glad I am not the only one. I workout at home with squat stands too. I work between the bed and a bench with the aim of dumping on either/both. Unfortunately though, I did start to fail and my shoulders dropped and therefore I started to fall forwards into the squat stands. Thankfully I was still on lower weights and suddenly gained my balance again and found the umph from somewhere to stand up again and replace the bar. I deloaded for a few sessions and it was scary to attempt that weight again...but I did it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...Once I failed and it kind of good morning'd - safety bars FTW again.
    That was my failure experience. The hips/legs drove up, upper body went forward and it basically looked like I was doing a good morning with 245 pounds across my shoulders. Waited to hear the 'pop' or feel the pain, but luckily it didn't happen and I got the bar onto the catches before everything went kablooey. Don't ever want to repeat that one.
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I squat with bags of animal feed. If I can't do it, just lean back and let the feed fall off. Fall on top of feed bags.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i got stuck at the bottom. had the catch bars so just rolled the bar off my back

same here.

love the safety bars
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Many times. It's pretty anticlimactic. When I realize I'm not getting back up, I just squat all the way down and let the bar rest on the safeties.

One time I fell backward, but that was becuase I was stupidly squatting with a rib injury and when I got in the hole it hurt my rib so bad that my reflex (for some stupid reason) was to fall backward. The power rack saved me.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I kind of crumbled like an accordion--the bar was ever so gently placed on the safety bars! :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't expect so many responses. Ironically I was reading the most recent of them between my 4th and 5th sets of squats. :laugh:
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Not yet but my training partner did last week, it was lucky I was there.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have always been in a rack. Dropped the bar on the safety bars. Twice I have been bailed out by observers nearby. People in gyms are pretty good about that -- thankfully.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I failed a squat at the top, because I like to be different. LOL.

The pins were set slightly too high for me, I had noticed at a lighter weight when I had to go onto my tippy toes to the bar back onto the pins.

Stupidly, I didn't think to fix it and loaded 90kg (200lbs) on the bar, did my squats then couldn't get onto my tippy toes to get the bar back onto the pins.

I stood for a minute, then was able to get enough height to get the bar onto the pins. I tweaked my shoulder in the process. I'll never do it again.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I haven't failed yet because I haven't gotten to my 5RM yet. I always squat in the squat rack, but I'm thinking it will be a good idea to practice bailing with an empty bar. I would only throw the weight behind me if I were about to die; my gym is deathly quiet, and I think I would give everyone in there a heart attack if I did that.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    yep, on my own, training at home. Not just once either. I work out next to the bed so I can dump the weight if necessary. Squat total fails result in me having to shuffle backwards until the barbell is close enough to the bed so I can dump it.

I don't usually go to failure without my husband spotting me, I usually stop when the last rep is really, really, really extremely difficult and I can barely get up.

i've done this before too. I wasn't really thinking ahead and didn't think I'd have a problem. Luckily I was able to get out from under it, and sort of pushed it onto the bed. It scared the crap out of me, and I stopped pushing myself so hard on squats. I'm waiting on a rack now, so I can start pushing myself again.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Yes, twice. Both times I got down and then got stuck. Once I was at a gym with big empty space/no one behind me, and had bumper plates on the bars. So I just dumped it off my back to the ground. Other time my trainer was spotting me and she boosted me back up.