There Oughta Be A Law

Options
So I'm going to a family brunch on Saturday. Any time I go out I try to find the nutritional information before hand so I can plan out my day without going over my calories. I cannot find the nutritional information for Hoff's Hut anywhere, not on their own webpage, not on here, no where on Google. There oughta be a law to where they MUST provide the public this information! I was so annoyed that I e-mailed them giving them a piece of my mind! Anyone else agree?

Replies

• rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    "The health care reform bill that President Barack Obama signed into law last month requires that chain restaurants -- defined as eateries with 20 locations or more -- post the calorie content of their offerings on menus or menu boards. The establishments are also required to post information on how a certain menu item's calorie content stacks up against daily calorie requirements. Other nutritional information, such as fat content and carbohydrate content, must be available upon request. Items that aren't listed on the menus, like temporary specials or custom orders, would be exempt from the guidelines."
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    "The health care reform bill that President Barack Obama signed into law last month requires that chain restaurants -- defined as eateries with 20 locations or more -- post the calorie content of their offerings on menus or menu boards. The establishments are also required to post information on how a certain menu item's calorie content stacks up against daily calorie requirements. Other nutritional information, such as fat content and carbohydrate content, must be available upon request. Items that aren't listed on the menus, like temporary specials or custom orders, would be exempt from the guidelines."

I for some reason thought it was at least FOUR rest for some reason either way cant wait till its actually enforced. I angrily emailed cadillac ranch and of course nothing cause most of the girls around here who would go do the supermodel salad diet...
  • poisonapple
    poisonapple Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know it doesn't do much for the whole planning ahead thing but they SHOULD be able to produce some sort of nutritional info there. If all else fails I just try to re-create the meal the best I can to at least get close on the calories ...I take in to account that everything I would do at home to make it a little healthier probably didn't happen so if anything I probably over calculate.
    (If I ate an omelet or something like that I would calculate it using whole milk and whole milk cheese and assume it was fried in butter that way I know that's the worst it could be ...if they really did use cooking spray or 2% milk or something than I'm just a little better off)
  • Joscelle
    Joscelle Posts: 93
    Options
    I once e-mailed Woodranch BBQ for their nutritional information - they said they don't have it, but e-mailed me a comparable value which was still pretty high, so I said - "with numbers that high, I wouldn't publish those either," and I got a huffy response back about it's not because they don't want to publish the numbers, it's because they don't have it.
  • futballuvr73
    futballuvr73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sonic in my town has a fro yo right now- OMG, soooo yummy!- and I called them 3wks ago to get the info (they DO fall into that require-to-post category) and was told they'd call or email me soon. After a WEEK I called back and got rather nasty (mentioned the BBB, etc) and it still took 3 more days to get anything! The info they did eventually send I am not sure is accurate because the menu says the small serving is 6oz and the smallest one in the info sent is 10oz. However, I guess for all of my whining and screeching I did finally get SOMETHING...
    Oh, and BTW it's freaking DELICIOUS!