Sweet treats?

Options

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Sliced banana with almond butter and dark chocolate drizzled over it. Very good and satisfying.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Mochi. It's awesome.

Or moon cakes. Or chestnut buns.

Or just plain strawberries or kiwi. Or passion fruit.

Not bad when I don't really have a sweet tooth, I suppose.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have a serious sweet tooth too. I always tend to try fruit first - apples, strawberries, pears, blueberries and raspberries are my favourites - but sometimes you need chocolate so I buy the kids 'treat-size' packs of Cadbury Buttons, Milkyway Stars, etc you can buy! They tend to be about 75 calories a bag which is a lot less than normal chocolate. I mix a lot of chocolate and fruit too, so I will have an apple and a small bit of chocolate to keep me going. I also like light chocolate mousses and creme caramels too as a sweet way of finishing a meal, which is still quite low in calories, and I have recently come across the Aero white chocolate bubbly mousses which are amazing and only 99 calories a pot!

I have a food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com - which I upload images of all the foods I eat which might also give you some ideas :)

Hope this helps!
  • susanpasq
    susanpasq Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered almonds from Trader Joe's or Trader Joe's 100 calorie dark chocolate bars. Also from Trader Joe's, their frozen lemon bars (I'm going to take one out of the freezer right now to have after lunch!)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I recently made a batch of cinnamon-sugared almonds, they're frickin amazing and 123 calories for 18g which is just about 15 almonds. I could eat them all day long, though, which may eventually lead to being a problem :laugh: but for now they're fine!
  • mikepasztor
    Options
    1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 25g whey isolate, 15g dark chocolate chips, and 1/3-1/2 cup of blueberries.

It fits into my macros pretty well, and covers the sweet craving.

340 kcal
    23 Carb / 41.5 Protein / 5.5 Fat
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    special k chocolatey pretzel bar for 90 calories
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Microwave cake in a cup! 3-2-1: 3 tablespoons devils food or angel food cake mix, 2 tablespoons of water, microwave for 1 minute. I usually add a half cup of berries before microwaving. Blackberries and angel food cake is my favorite combination so far. And calorically I think it comes in around < 200 cals.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I like taking a double chocolate vitatop and putting a tablespoon of peanut butter on it. So yummy!
  • jmdin
    jmdin Posts: 3
    Options
    Dates are a must, at least for me! The really soft, squishy medjool dates taste so much like caramel. I really love frozen banana ice-cream with some nice soaked and pitted dates on top. It's sweet, and a healthier alternative to regular ice-cream.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    A few squares of dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter! Or, stir a spoonful of Nutella into plain Greek yogurt - heaven! Sliced apples dipped in peanut butter are good too - or if you need a chocolate fix, half peanut butter & half Nutella - more heaven! :tongue:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow snicker doodle ice cream sandwiches are AMAZING! It's only 140 calories.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    yogurt w/ a graham cracker and or coffee w/ french vanilla creamer takes the edge off for me. well, when i care about the edge anyway :)
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My latest favorite sweet treat is raspberry or strawberry non-fat Greek yogurt with a spoonful of dark chocolate chips mixed in. Delicious!!! I also love the Special K raspberry & strawberry cereal bars and the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal bars, and the Snack Pack puddings with a bit of granola mixed in. I like oatmeal packets, too.
  • EmGetsFit
    Options
    Microwave cake in a cup! 3-2-1: 3 tablespoons devils food or angel food cake mix, 2 tablespoons of water, microwave for 1 minute. I usually add a half cup of berries before microwaving. Blackberries and angel food cake is my favorite combination so far. And calorically I think it comes in around < 200 cals.

OMG, I am so making this! Thanks for the idea :)
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My latest favorite sweet treat is raspberry or strawberry non-fat Greek yogurt with a spoonful of dark chocolate chips mixed in. Delicious!!! I also love the Special K raspberry & strawberry cereal bars and the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal bars, and the Snack Pack puddings with a bit of granola mixed in. I like oatmeal packets, too.
    Since you like oatmeal packets and Snack Pack pudding, have you ever tried combining them? Apple pie-flavored or vanilla Snack Packs are great with most flavors of instant oatmeal, and if you ever get the chocolate oatmeal, it (obviously) goes well with any chocolate pudding. I make the oatmeal, often adding chia seeds and/or a spoonful or two of PB2, then when it's done stir in the pudding. Makes a nice, creamy, filling breakfast with a good hit of extra calcium from the pudding--for 300 calories or less, depending on what you use.
  • EmGetsFit
    Options
    Ooh, I will definitely try that too! :)
  • vwkauffman
    vwkauffman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of red seedless grapes. You can eat a lot with little guilt!

There is also a WW dessert recipe I've found to be extremely versatile and filling. Take a small whole wheat or plain tortilla (cal counts aren't much different), put it onto a frying pan over low/medium heat. Roughly chop or shred 2 squares of dark chocolate and spread it onto 1/2 of the tortilla. Add a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of sugar, fold and fry about 2 minutes per side, till chocolate melts. Cut in half and eat. YUM! You could literally put just about anything in/on this dessert to make it your own - fruit, marshmallow creme, Nutella, peanut butter...whatever your pleasure.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I drink unsweetened tea with minute maid lite or fresh brewed to with crystal lite packet for flavor
  • Jjrad14
    Jjrad14 Posts: 12
    Options
    If I'm having a sweet craving I normally will eat fruits - preferably grapes, apples, and bananas. For those chocolate cravings, I will eat a Kellogg's dark chocolate fiber bar.