58 lbs down :) I owe most of it to Zumba!

Options
spicypepper
spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
I want to share this with you guys because my daughter says that I am awesome! :heart: To give you backstory...

In March 2011, I was photographed at a Realtor function in town. I thought I was SO amazing!!!! :drinker:

I saw the picture posted a few days later on a Facebook page and I cried for 3 days straight :sad:

I kicked it into gear and long story short, I lost 48 lbs between May and October 2011. :noway:

I immediately became pregnant :embarassed: I gained the 48 lbs plus an additional 8 while pregnant (hard pregnancy)

I delivered my caboose (kiddo #5) on May 25, 2012

I took my first instructor lead Zumba class two weeks later, and.fell.in.love!!!

Since delivery, I have lost 58 lbs AND became a licensed Zumba Fitness Instructor :bigsmile:

Here is my comparison shot... I will warn you, it is NOT pretty!

58lbsdown_zps2e47b1c3.jpg

I still struggle with looking at myself now and seeing a thinner person, until I pull a side by side and then I'm all :noway:

The sites tell me that I should lose another 40 lbs, but I am not entirely too sure about that... I will probably just keep plugging along until my birthday in September and then re-evaluate then.

Anyway, I wanted to share my success because I know for me seeing others success stories on here has always brought me motivation and I needed to see this again :heart:

Replies

• fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! You look AMAZING!!!
  • Sunny____
    Sunny____ Posts: 214
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! I absolutely love Zumba and my instructor!! Keep up the great work and get to where you want to be as long as you are healthy! Woohoo!
  • brilynn79
    brilynn79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I AM SO PROUD OF YOU !!!!! You look AMAZING!! I have been wanting to try zumba, but had not really seen anyone with solid results from it before, and I didn't realize you were doing it. This is definitely motivation to give it a shot!! (And we are twinners, I am 58 lbs gone forever too :) )
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Inspiring! You look great. I hope I can find a Zumba class near me. I really want to give it a try.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful in both your photos! Great job with the Zumba and the weightloss!:drinker:
  • triciap7
    triciap7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    you look great, spicy!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    you are so amazing. Way to go.
  • krisleut
    krisleut Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First off CONGRATS!

I recently started Zumba 2 nights a week and also fell in love. I however have not lost any weight.
    I am watching and changing what I eat keeping it at 1200 calories a day and do Jillian's 30 day shred on non zumba days.

Any tips or suggestions for us.
  • Misia2004
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! I just started zumba myself and ai love it!
  • mumofsix
    mumofsix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats
    I love Zumba as well. My instructor incorporates a lot of squats and lunges. Really makes you sweat! :)
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are awesome! ( Don't get a big head!) I have loved being on this journey with you! :wink:
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I love Zumba.....Wish I could do it more.
  • cmccoy0901
    cmccoy0901 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! I love zumba too! Congrats on becoming an instructor once I reach a weight that I feel good about myself I will become a zumba instructor. You definitely are inspiring!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :flowerforyou: !!!

I totally forgot to mention that I follow IPORM from Dan on here. He taught me about TDEE and losing weight. I started following his plan this past July through October where I lost the most of my weight. I kinda fell off the wagon from September through December and got back into the swing of things this January. Since then I've lost 13 lbs and I'm on track to hit my next goal soon. (In place of a road map 3/20013 is what you should search for).

:heart: you Sydney, Satellite, Tricia & workinprogress :flowerforyou: Thanks for being there through this journey ::smooched:
  • MissChyna
    MissChyna Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
    Yay Zumba~~~~~~~
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun, and you're getting amazing results from it. Congrats! :drinker:
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Love it! You look amazing and SO happy :smile:.

Can't wait until I see where Zumba gets me -- I go three times a week (plus some weight training).
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You look great.... Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!