Protein powders

Options
Just wondering if anyone knows of a decent tasting protein supplement that doesn't contain wheat. Aside from whey protein and hemp protein, I've been at a loss. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I know there is a brand called Sun Warrior that has Brown Rice protein! I have never tried it, but a few friends do and love it!
  • leahdawn4
    leahdawn4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really liked Genuine Health - Vegan Proteins+ it's a little bit pricey, but it tastes great and has a blend of non-wheat and non-dairy protein sources. I've also tried Heartland Gold Brown Rice protein powder, it didn't have a strong flavor so it was easy to add to meals and drinks.
  • jjkarnitz
    jjkarnitz Posts: 55
    Options
    I'd be interested in suggestions too! I get Peaceful Planet Rice Protein powder from the local natural food store. It has zero flavor on its own but can be mixed in relatively inconspicuously to lots of stuff.
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm continually surprised at all the products that have wheat in them!
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I like Jay Robb's egg white protein. I don't see wheat listed in the ingredients.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I use Carbo Pro Interphase HM. The label says it's gluten free. My triathlete friends recommended it to me a few months ago.
  • Chrystalsea517
    Options
    I found NutriBiotic Rice Protein powder in vanilla at my local natural foods store. It is vegan as well as free from gluten, soy milk, eggs, wheat, corn, nuts, or preservatives as well as GMO free. I, too, was surprised at how many of the protein powders have milk components and/or wheat in them. I don't really taste it in my smoothies-unlike the flax powder I bought before I found the rice one!
  • charlieibeling
    charlieibeling Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with whey protein/ Its the highest quality protein you can buy, has numerous benefits, its cost effective, easily available and has tons of good tasting varieties. If its a lactose issue a quality isolate should take care of that.
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with whey protein/ Its the highest quality protein you can buy, has numerous benefits, its cost effective, easily available and has tons of good tasting varieties. If its a lactose issue a quality isolate should take care of that.

Personally, I don't have a lactose issue, but whey proteins make me bloated and give me stomach trouble. I have tried many different kinds and it hasn't gotten any better. I know a lot of people with similar issues.
  • karenhray7
    Options

Personally, I don't have a lactose issue, but whey proteins make me bloated and give me stomach trouble. I have tried many different kinds and it hasn't gotten any better. I know a lot of people with similar issues.

Yep. That right there. I just don't feel great after using the whey, and I can't seem to find the hemp at the moment.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I just got a new whey blend, but this website helped a lot while making my decision

http://protein-powder.findthebest.com/
  • karenhray7
    Options
    I just got a new whey blend, but this website helped a lot while making my decision

http://protein-powder.findthebest.com/

Thanks!
  • Elliemisaurus
    Elliemisaurus Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I know there is a brand called Sun Warrior that has Brown Rice protein! I have never tried it, but a few friends do and love it!
    Yes! Sun Warrior is great. :) Garden of Life is another good one.
  • Larrybrown01
    Options
    Hi,
    In very specific circumstances, protein powders can be useful. They’re an easy and convenient source of complete, high-quality protein. Most people, even athletes, can also get everything they offer by eating sources of lean protein like meat, fish, chicken, and dairy products.
  • DJoyner260
    DJoyner260 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I take Dymatize Iso-Whey Cookies n' Creme flavor and it is pretty good. I also take Dymatize Elite Gourmet Whey/Casein blend Vanilla flavor and it is pretty rich. I mix both with water not milk and they are still pretty good.
  • DJoyner260
    DJoyner260 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Iso-Whey Proteins are better when it comes to the bloated feeling. It is a formula that disolves easily and digests easily too.
  • karenhray7
    Options
    Hi,
    In very specific circumstances, protein powders can be useful. They’re an easy and convenient source of complete, high-quality protein. Most people, even athletes, can also get everything they offer by eating sources of lean protein like meat, fish, chicken, and dairy products.

It's a breakfast issue. There are a lot of mornings when I just don't feel like eating. But on days where I miss breakfast, don't get enough protein at breakfast, or have too many carbs at breakfast, I end up struggling for the rest of the day. I really don't care for those kind of days.
  • Stormie956
    Stormie956 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb's Egg White Protein. I like to add about 4-5 frozen strawberries...Really delicious!