What did you do to break a negative thought today?

Options
trudijoy
trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
I'm finding that often if you get into a negative, you can break it by creating a positive.

This morning, I weighed in and I'd gained from a loss late last week back to where I was on Thurs. I was totally bemused, then put on outfit from my MUCH smaller new work wardrobe (thats what I wore today in the pic), realised it looked pretty good and I look quite thin, and went off to work feeling better.

Then I got home from work and despite an 11 hour day made myself do a workout and cook the dinner i had planned (sukiyaki beef stirfry) . . and realised that the workout pants I grabbed at random didn't even fit.

So with smart choices made for my day, my confused face is now a 'whatever, i look gooooood'one :p

you?

Replies

• Emmaj47
    Emmaj47 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had not lost any weight this morning so felt crap about that. Then had a very long and crappy day at work. So obviously all I wanted to do was sit in bed and pig out! But I didn't, I did my workout (30 day shred) and now I'm feeling much better and not even thinking about the day I've had. No matter how ****ty you feel, and even if you don't want to, a workout will always make you feel good!
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling negative I CLEAN. House,floors, cats (!!) whatever it is I clean it. Maybe thats odd but it makes me feel better. after I clean I I take my painkillers and I do my walk and count my blessings that I can do it sore back and all.
    You HAVE to think glass half full and NOT glass half empty, if you look hard enough there is GOOD in most things.
    Be proud of yourself,
    H
  • Lbriggs82
    Lbriggs82 Posts: 58
    Options
    What a lovely thread!!
    I've woken up feeling rubbish today, but I shall go do my workout and no doubt feel much better. :happy:
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I started off the day right by eating my smoothie instead of heading to a fast food joint.
  • IIFerdi
    IIFerdi Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    when i have a negative thought? I just choose not to think about it.
    Being happy is a matter off choice . Its pretty easy :) Just don't give a ****.
    You would be surprised how far that gets you :D
    Nothing wrong with a negative thing but don't overthink it. You will just creat problems that ain't there in the first place. Or make it bigger then they really are.