Changed perspective on exercise

Options
This morning as I wimping out on the last part of my exerrcise DVD a thought occurred to me. Here I am in my comfy home, whining because my muscles are "burning" a little. No pain, no gain right? Well what about others who are suffering from disease and can't get out of their hospital bed to take a stroll or our soldiers at war who aren't living so comfy and are in danger and who am I to be whimping out on a little 40 minute DVD. I'll get to take a hot shower and go off to my sweet little job today and talk to my friends and family. My little exercise problem got very small all the sudden and I will not whimp out next time.

God bless our soldiers and those that are sick!!!!

Replies

• coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    thanks for the perspective this morning. I will remember that as I do squats and my legs are quivering, stop whining and be thankful that I can do squats. Have a wonderful weekend.
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options
    Perspective indeed, something we so often lose sight of... And yes, we all tend to whine a little too often and stopping for a minute or two to be grateful for what we have is a healthy thing to do!
  • jenniferolg
    jenniferolg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! I also think about all those folks on the Biggest Loser show and figure if they can work out for 8 hours a day at the level they hit, I can surely eek out an hour!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I've always been very self-absorbed until I had my son and it changed my perspective on a lot of things...there are just bigger things out there that are way more important.