People with long hair - how do you sleep at night?

Options

Replies

• Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    loose ponytail gathered at the nape of the neck. You get used to it.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    I sleep well, thank you ;)
  • never124get
    never124get Posts: 163
    Options
    I don't see how yall can manage to sleep with your hair tied in a bun or pony tail. xD it is so uncomfortable! LOL

That's exactly what I was thinking! I can't do it, the most I can manage is maybe french braids but I usually leave mine down.

I haven't cut my hair in about a year it's finally down past my shoulders.
  • YouGonnaEatThat
    Options
    put it in a bun and pin my bangs back.
  • michellej94
    Options
    I like to tie my hair up in a half-ponytail where it's tied up low and before pulling the hair all the way through, I leave a bit of it hanging through the headband still as if it just a loose bun (: It doesn't get in the way when I sleep so it is convenient for me (:
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    When I used to have a really long hair & I'd put it in plaits,My hair is shorter but even now I still do.Keeps it tangle free & it makes my hair manageable in the morning :)
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    well I've actually researched and found that sleeping in a ponytail or bun is supposed to cause more split ends. The best recommended style for long hair when sleeping is braided or in a silky cap.

But fyi I'm so used to sleeping with a ponytail I do most of the time but I have tons of split ends too. Lol
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I put mine in a messy bun at the top of my head

This. It stops your neck getting all hot and you can still lay in any position you want
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    OK, I just put my hair up in a bun on top of my head. There shall be no sitting up late reading with this! Every movement and the centre of gravity of my head is now so high it's flailing about like crazy!

From a lying down perspective, I can see it could well work very well. Uber neck exposure ftw given my bedroom has a massive south facing bay window and will get epically hot in summer.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I used to have hair down to my waist until last year, and I would just lie my hair over the top edge of the bed so it would hang down to the floor. I never plaited it or anything. I don't need to do that anymore now that it's short :)
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I sleep like a baby , thank you very much.
    On my belly and hair is usualy creating messy halo around head, doesnt bother me in the slightest since I dont mouthbreath during sleep,
    Tried to sleep with various ponytails and buns and samurai hairdos when my cat had phase for eating my hair but feeling anything pulling on my hair during night woke me up and made me angry. Cat stoped eating my hair now thankfully...
    Eu naturelle , especialy in cold cold winter.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I usually plait my hair :) So used to it now that it feels weird when I leave it down. It does come undone sometimes during the night which is annoying. I keep finding stray elastic bands in my bed xD
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I never put elastic bands at night or anything else, I just spread them on the pillow on the top of my head so they won't get stuck between the sheets and my body. :P
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Up in a high pony tail or leave it down :-)
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Well, as you can see from my pic, my hair is very thick! I usually leave it down though. For the most part, it doesn't bother me. The only time I will sleep in a ponytail is in the summer.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    my hair was half way down my back b4 I cut it all up but I never had this prob or heard of any1 with it hahaha :D
  • The_Outlaw_Torn
    The_Outlaw_Torn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just let it flow free, it doesn't really bother me when I sleep.
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    do not cut it platt it loosly
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    a braid, or just pull it above my head and lay it across the pillow.
  • cydleighb
    cydleighb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What do you do with the hair?

I'm trying to find a way of containing it that doesn't leave me uncomfortable and doesn't result in me lying on it during the night and pulling my head into strange positions. So far, unsuccessful and the scissors are looking mighty attractive.

Hi, Draggonnade! You said you have sort of wavy hair? I found this awesome suggestion on Pinterest about naturally wavy/curly hair.

http://pinterest.com/pin/42010208996266327/ (let me know if you can't pull that up)

My hair is naturally curly and a little on the thick side, so I used part of an old sheet instead of a towel because it was less bulky and my hair didn't dry overnight with the towel. I actually really like the waves/curls I get from this, and it doesn't leave me waking up in the morning with tons of frizzies all over the place. Good luck! :)