Extremely Disappointed!

Options

Replies

• lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    A 15lb loss in a month is an awesome accomplishment! And a 1lb loss is still a loss. You are still headed in the right direction, which is the important thing. Remember slow progress is still PROGRESS! Keep doing what you're doing, reminding yourself this is about creating a healthy lifestyle and NOT about a quick fix.
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    dont let the scale get u down i am at that point now its not moving seems like i am stuck at what i am now

keep up what ou are doing andu will see results

add me if you like like to stay with postive people
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success thus far. However, this is a marathon not a sprint. Patience and consistency are the keys to this long term. Your loss is going to slow dramatically. You just have to buckle down and keep going.

^^^this

.....And open your food diary so your friends can help. Having lost over 100lbs I can tell you that's this battle is a life ling one and motivation is temporary and fickle. You need to engage your emotions, your mind to a goal and then focus on one day at a time nailing the behaviours that will end in a good result. Consistency over a looooooong period of time is required.

Keep going..what's the alternative?
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    You are doing great! Don't get discouraged by the scale. Take photos and measurements so even when the scale doesn't move you have other things that will show your progress.
  • cumberlandsouth
    cumberlandsouth Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there....ok listen up.....I have been exactly where you are...I've worked my heart out all week, ate properly, walked, drank water...and couldn't wait to get on that scale for weigh in....with a huge grin on my face I step on the scale knowing that i will see a BIG weight loss....look down and think surely my scales must be broken because it only says down 1 lb...makes you feel like kicking the scale, grabbing a bag of chips and going back to bed. But DONT! next week will show a different story...I'm not going into all the facts about your body adjusting to the changes and blah blah blah...you already know all of that....all we can do, is remember that we are running a race, not a sprint...so slow and steady and this time next year you will be an even more amazing version of yourself than you already are.....think ahead as hard as it is.....I wish I had the will to stay off of the scales and only weigh in once a month....but I don't. lol so I get weighed in Friday mornings and hope for the best...any small loss is better than a gain. It all adds up....congratulate yourself for being on this journey...you will get there... :) hugs xoxo
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    If you expect to continue losing and then to maintain your losses, you must make a drastic change in your attitude. This is a lifestyle change that you must continue for the remainder of your life. That's why it's so important that you are happy and healthy with your food and exercise choices and that these choices are sustainable. If you are in such a rush-it may be because your new lifestyle is a chore instead of a choice. You may need to change some things in order for you to be happier in your journey. This may involve even possibly losing at a slower pace.
    When you threaten to "quit", you will only be quitting a lifestyle that you find impossible to maintain for some reason.
  • barrattandrew
    Options
    So you're more than 10% to your goal, in only one month. That's pretty frickin' amazing and you should be proud.

Progress will be slow, and it will probably get slower. But every step, every pound is going to get you closer to your goal. Plus, you're in this for the long haul. It's a way of life, like brushing your teeth. You don't brush your teeth for one month and think, "Oh, man... I have to keep this up for DECADES???" You just do it, because it's what you need to do to live the kind of life you want to live.

^^all of this.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    In one month you are almost 10% of the way to your goal! That's incredible! Congrats. :smile:

Sustainable and healthy weight loss happens slowly, and only once you stop stressing yourself out about the numbers you see on a scale. I haven't lost that much weight in the past six months (about 5 pounds) but I'm two sizes smaller, so please don't disregard your measurements. They are by and far a much better indication of your health than a scale. Keep going and best of luck.
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Here's some encouragement for you...I've been on here since Mid November and I've only lost 3.8 pounds since joining MFP. I did change my setting resently though so my ticker doesn't reflect that anymore. So you're still kicking my butt and have been at this not near as long as I have. As for measurements, I only do them once a month. They keep me more motivated than the scale does. I'm working out with a trainer right now too so I'm building muscle on top of losing fat. BREAK UP WITH YOUR SCALE FOR A WHILE. It's not uncommon to lose like gangbusters in the beginning and then taper off so this is actually pretty normal from what I understand. Just keep in mind that this is a marathon and not a sprint. Also, remember this is 80% in the kitchen and 20% exercise too (that's what my trainer tells me anyway).
  • MrsSamiP
    MrsSamiP Posts: 11
    Options
    15lbs that's amazing!!! I'm six weeks in and I'm only down 11lbs. But they are right sometimes hormones and what not can affect your weight. I weight everyday but only record on Mondays, if I had recorded yesterday instead I would have been back up to only loosing 8lbs instead of 11 because it's that time of the month for me and yesterday I was all bloady (sorry if that's TMI but it's true) You are doing AMAZING!!! Keep up the great work! Don't let the scale get you down!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yay!! You've lost 15 pounds! :smile: Congrats! I would suggest measuring. I measure every two weeks. I had a week I only lost .6 pounds (bummer! At latest it wasn't a gain but still bummer! ) I measured and WOW I lost 3 inches off my waist and about 5 inches over all, from all the exercise! What a boost! Don't get discouraged. Keep up the good work and this will happen! Don't focus on the big picture, just focus on eating right and exercise and weight will come off :flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • kittiechaos
    kittiechaos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely keep up the good work! Try to weigh yourself at the same time of day under the same conditions as well. I've just restarted again after a slip, I've started watching zumba classes on youtube as I love to dance and after all more chores I have the day to myself. It's free and a good laugh, and you could have a friend round to do a mini-zumba class in your house for moral support and a bit of fun! It's good cos you can pause it when you need a break, and I rarely ache after.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice above - you've done great, keep it up!

Just one thought - don't be fooled by fad diets and shows like The Biggest Loser into thinking you should be dropping masses of weight really quickly. I know it's frustrating and hard and tiring, but the slow way is the only sustainable, healthy way.

Keep up the good work and be encouraged!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I look at my weight change over the month (or longer) rather than over the week. This keeps my motivation up because I never gain over the month and so far, I've always lost, even though it might be a small lose (2 pounds). It wouldn't work for everybody (you have to not let yourself get bothered if you put on weight from day to day because that always happens), but it works for me. I don't feel a week is a long enough time to see real progress.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    15 lbs for a month is amazing. setting goals that are going to be next to impossible to meet is going to be your biggest enemy, so make goals that aren't impossible.
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If I have a bad week, I regroup and stay OFF of the scale for a week, maybe two! Continue working hard, and do not let those numbers define you. You will have some weeks better than others but please don't let that 1lb loss knock you off of your game! Keep moving forward. Best of luck!
  • CathyBarnett2012
    CathyBarnett2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job on loosing 15 pounds! It is hard when you have that great success and see the scale going downwards to then come to what you think is a "BRICK WALL" ( been there done this myself) BUT as my sister in law told me one day! Take a pound of butter with you and walk with it all day that is what you lost WHICH is very reasonable for a weeks worth of time. Better to loose it slowly as you will keep it off easier. If you take weight off to fast it doesn't stay off as well ( in my theory anyways) I was discouraged last tow weeks ago ( I started my journey with MFP January 7) I had lost 17 pounds from Jan 7- feb 16 then the next week I lost 1 pound. I wanted to bang my head on the wall. I had even cut down on what I was eating more and repaling things with even healtheir snacks and on top all that I was walking 4 kms 5 days a week. Then came the end of February where I could measure myself ( as I do this once a month) I was done 2.5 inches on my waist! I was so excieted. So all of it was worth it. So never give up don't think loosing one pound is anything to sneeze at! a loss on the scales is worth celebrating! I have read some other comments after your post and they say small mini goals. They are great. Set yourself some mini goals like loosing 10 pounds a month. 50 pounds in 4 months, your big goal at the end of the year. My goal is to be 100 pounds lighter by the end of 2013 I have now lost 18 of them only 82 more to go. This month goal is 10 pounds. Then I am off for a manicure and pedicure that is my 3 month goal met. if I loose 50 pounds in 5 months I think its a mini vacation with my husband or maybe a shopping day with my girlfriends ( i will need some new clothes by then) Make this journey fun! GOOD LUCK and just remember a pound of butter put one in your hands that is what you lost! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
  • tarinsuchandsuch01
    Options
    Hi!
    I had almost the same post a couple of weeks ago. First off let me congratulate you for a month well done! 15 pds in one month is AMAZING!! I have been doing fitness pal for about a month also and my results are No where close to yours. When going through this process I have to remind myself that my weight didn't come in a months time and neither will it leave as soon as I want it to. When the scale disappoints I look for other avenues to see results. For instance measurements say a lot. The way my clothes fit is also a motivator. Then I also tell myself that my body is appreciating the time that I am putting into it. I have more energy, my flexibility is getting better. Or I can actually see and feel the beginning of a muscle remembering that it once existed on my body! I do hope that you stay encouraged to keep at it and to know that in the long run it will be well worth it. We can do this!!:drinker:
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    So you're more than 10% to your goal, in only one month. That's pretty frickin' amazing and you should be proud.

Progress will be slow, and it will probably get slower. But every step, every pound is going to get you closer to your goal. Plus, you're in this for the long haul. It's a way of life, like brushing your teeth. You don't brush your teeth for one month and think, "Oh, man... I have to keep this up for DECADES???" You just do it, because it's what you need to do to live the kind of life you want to live.

^^^This

And YAY!! for the great start to a healthier lifestyle. Have patience and try to focus more on the new choices rather than the daily/weekly loss. Before you know it, you'll be there. Congratulations!
  • 2design
    2design Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have 63 lbs to lose and have been doing this since September. I've started slower than you but remained relatively consistent (37 lbs to date). In the beginning it was hard to keep motivated knowing I had a long journey but the numbers do add up. You are doing fantastic and I hope you will continue. As we get closer to goal the pounds will go off slower but they will go off! All the exercise probably gave you muscle which is what we want and weighs more than fat.

As others have said, this is a long journey. However you are not alone, we're here to encourage each other! Set mini goals and hang in there :)