CoQ10 and energy levels?

Options
Does anyone here take CoQ10 and if so, did you notice a difference in your energy levels or workout performance? I have heard this supplement can boost these two things. Notice any side effects? Thanks in advance for the input!

Replies

• Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Used to take it, need to start again. Not sure that it did either of those things for me, though.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I take it for heart health, and I haven't noticed either of those two things, but I also take it with Vitamin D3, so I dunno which one boosts my energy with caffeine, but something in my concoction does. :\
  • Kelly_fat2fit30
    Options
    Good to know! it sounds like not a lot of people are taking this for that purpose...
  • susan9
    susan9 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    On dr oz show about fatigue, he said that statin drugs cause fatigue. I have been fighting fatigue for a long time. Asked by doctor if I could take coq10 as suggested on the show to counteract the drug. He said yes. Hope it works.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Statins use the same inhibitor (pathway) that regulates cholesterol synthesis and effects Q10 in a similar way (inhibits absorption), which is not desirable, and why it's prescribed together and not for fatigue per se.

On dr oz show about fatigue, he said that statin drugs cause fatigue. I have been fighting fatigue for a long time. Asked by doctor if I could take coq10 as suggested on the show to counteract the drug. He said yes. Hope it works.