People with long hair - how do you sleep at night?

Replies

• Errrica91
    Errrica91 Posts: 122 Member
    I leave it loose. It's bad enough for my hair that I tie it up/down during the day... It needs to rest during the night too + it's super uncomfortable...
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Mine is past shoulder length. I get really warm when I sleep and have to wear it up. Sometimes the messy bun on top, sometimes low ponytail. I'm a stomach/side sleeper, but I do end up on my back sometimes so that's why I put it low or high.
  • BadNamePicker
    BadNamePicker Posts: 14 Member
    ETA: If it's down, I grab it all and position it up and behind my head so it's not in my face or in the way.

This is what I do, but my hair is almost to my butt and I've found myself almost strangled on several occasions... I'm eyeing scissors myself - if you do decide to cut it, make sure to put it in a ponytail and have them cut at least 12" off and send it in to Locks of Love!!!
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Gather it all up and lay it atop my head on the pillow.. I've always had long hair and am used to tossing and turning and adjusting it through the night.. I don't like to put in a pony or bun bc I think it can cause breakage ..
  • Im a belly sleeper..I put mine in a ponytail...altho my husband always pulls it when hes moves lol
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    This isn't really a problem for me. I just toss it up in a bun on top of my head. Sometimes I wind up with a really sexy, loose bun in the morning that I can wear all day. Most times I wake up and it's on the side of my head but looks fine when I brush it out. Maybe look into a satin pillow case if it's really giving you that much trouble.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Seriously! How do they sleep at night? Shame on them with their long hair.
  • Justamanatee
    Justamanatee Posts: 9 Member
    If it's bothering me enough to feel like I need to do something with it, I'll do pig tails. Okay, so they're not exactly "adult" but they get the job done, and can leave my hair nicely curled for the next morning. They don't get in the way of spooning, they don't prevent me from sleeping on my side or back, and they keep me nice and cool.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Sidepony. Or braids if I'm so inclined.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    This nappy hair goes in a high bun or low ponytail. Those Scunchi ouchless bands are great.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    I used to braid it, then a pony tail. But now it's so thin I just brush it and leave it.... although I do have to be careful as my stupid cat will try to eat it (she sleeps between our pillows)
  • highheeldiva01
    highheeldiva01 Posts: 1,206 Member
    i put it in a clipy on top of my head!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Seriously! How do they sleep at night? Shame on them with their long hair.

I am so ashamed :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    I braid it! I usually French braid it! My hair falls below my waist and it's cut in layers so that's the best way to contain it and keep it in place :)
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    i have long hair and i have big boobs. it's the boobs that hurt like hell when i roll over wrong, the hair almost never bothers me. and it's nearly to my waist.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Right before hitting the pillow I fling it up and over the pillow. That way it stays out of my way as much as possibe without putting a ponytail. I don't even use those to workout anymore ever since my all out assault on migraines. If I toss and turn during the night I just brush it as far away from me as possible and find the cold spots on the pillow and sheets, i'm one of those. My hair isn't really a problem for me. Breasts, however? Whole 'nother story.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    My picture shows short hair but its grown since then (last September) and is now below my shoulders. I wear it in a messy bun or pulled into a loose pony
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    I put my hair in a bun.
    My hair is straight and almost waist length. When I sleep with it in a bun I get really nice waves in the morning.... Of course, the bun is half gone by then. hahaha But I love it!
    And I know that having it in a bun is uncomfortable to a lot of people, but I have never had a problem with it... I mostly sleep on my side though, so it never bothers me. :smile:
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    i have long hair and i have big boobs. it's the boobs that hurt like hell when i roll over wrong, the hair almost never bothers me. and it's nearly to my waist.

I get this too. In an ideal world I'd sleep on my front. Alas, the sheer amount of effort to get them comfortable. Frankly, I'd give good money for a mattress with b00b pockets.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    I just deal with it uncomfortably while my significant other accidentally lays on it in his sleep.