People with long hair - how do you sleep at night?

Options

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I just deal with it uncomfortably while my significant other accidentally lays on it in his sleep.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I do a braid to the side, keeps it out of the way.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Mine might not be as long as you're referring to, but I put it up above my head... like when I'm laying down I look like a lion hahaha
  • GlassSlipperGurl
    GlassSlipperGurl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I put mine in a messy bun at the top of my head and clip it in so it doesn't bump my hair. Usually gives natural waves too. This means im not lying on my hair or having the clip stick into my head.
    Same here
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't see how yall can manage to sleep with your hair tied in a bun or pony tail. xD it is so uncomfortable! LOL

Totally agree! That would drive me crazy. I just gather mine up and pull it to one side and go to sleep. Doesn't bother me a bit.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Eh, I usually just leave it down & do an arm motion to get it out of my face whenever I change positions---it doesn't bother me too much :) Every time I braid it or put it up, it seems to always be loose in the morning anyway, so I figured, what was the point?
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    My hair is very long and it doesn't bug me at night. I am just used to it I guess!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'll second messy bun or french braid. Also, I got a silk head cover. I don't always use it, but it helps preserve the french braid to wear on day 2 without making it frizzy :happy:
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I sleep quite well, thank you. :wink:

Ditto. I've had long hair nearly my whole life - sometimes down to my butt - and I've never had to do anything special with it to sleep.
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes do a low braid and put it over my shoulder..I can't wear it in a ponytail cause it bothers me. Or I will leave it down.
  • MRMCCRACKEN
    Options
    I've had long hair all of my life. It is a problem. I put it up in a ponytail on top of my head at night.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    ....with no remorse....
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Can't stand having it in a ponytail. I just let it be and it's fine.

JM
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I either braid it in two or put it in a basic bun and cover my head in a scarf. My hair gets all greasy if I leave it uncovered in my sleep.
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Finally at 45 years old, I cut it off. But from a life of long hair and raising two girls that mostly kept theirs long, I can say a single, loose braid is the way to go. Put one of those fat elastic bands on it leaving a pretty long tail so you don't break the ends. You learn to flip it out of your way while you sleep and it works pretty well. Keeps your hair nicer than leaving it to tangle.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Put it in a ponytail or stop thrashing.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I don't see how yall can manage to sleep with your hair tied in a bun or pony tail. xD it is so uncomfortable! LOL

It's obviously not an issue any more, but when I did have long hair, I'd put it on top of my head, but the key was to use a soft terrycloth ponytail holder so that the ponytail wasn't TIGHT. Otherwise, it definitely would have driven me nuts! It's also key to put your hair up JUST before bed time, and to lay the hair up above your head so it falls naturally "upward" and is not pulling down on your scalp.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Having long hair has never prevented me from sleeping at night.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i just take mine off...
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I twist mine up and clip it (with a small clip) to the back of my head. I mostly sleep on my side, so this works well, but if I roll over onto my back, the clip is high enough that I'm not lying on it. Twisting the hair up also means that it comes down in nice loose waves (and knot-free) the next day. Hope this helps!