SkinnyTaste Recipies

Options

Replies

• NainRouge
    NainRouge Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Made the Crock Pot Sesame Honey Chicken yesterday, was fantastic. Looking forward to trying more recipes from there.
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love...and I love that you can look at the comments and see how others might have adapted the recipe for their needs and whether it worked. I'm diabetic, so I'm always looking to reduce carbs and avoid sugar. Her recipes are great for that, and you'll easily find folks who have subbed other sweeteners, or almond or coconut flour for wheat flour, etc.

I've made her rolled chicken - much like the cordon bleu you are looking at (the spinach lasagna one, buffalo chicken breasts and there's another one I can't think of)
    Crockpot buffalo chicken lettuce wraps
    chicken enchilada zucchini boats
    Garlic shrimp with coconut milk, tomatoes, and cilantro
    buffalo shrimp dip (can you see a buffalo theme? I likes me some spicy stuff!)
    Pork adobo

I'm not sure I can list all the things I've made, but I have never been disappointed.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Caletagirl
    Caletagirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Turkey taco soup is the best!!!
  • happyvitale
    happyvitale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love that site. So far we make at least one to two of her recipes a week The kids absolutley love it and they dont even realize how good it is. I know the portions are small but thats unfortantly what a realistic size portion look like. I tend to bump them up with extra veg and if i am really hungary i will have 11/4 portion. I can recomend all the baked goods, the sailsbury stak is awsome ( even my super meat based husband thought so), skinny sloppy joes, chicken divina, and way to many others to count. Also if your a member of zip list you can save for faviourt recipes for quick refernce.

Another good site is dashing dish. Thats where i get all my pancakes from. Hope you enjoy the site.
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Love that site, as a matter of fact I did the chicken cordon blue yesterday, everyone loved it!

Good to know... I want to try this one
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Love that site. So far we make at least one to two of her recipes a week The kids absolutley love it and they dont even realize how good it is. I know the portions are small but thats unfortantly what a realistic size portion look like. I tend to bump them up with extra veg and if i am really hungary i will have 11/4 portion. I can recomend all the baked goods, the sailsbury stak is awsome ( even my super meat based husband thought so), skinny sloppy joes, chicken divina, and way to many others to count. Also if your a member of zip list you can save for faviourt recipes for quick refernce.

Another good site is dashing dish. Thats where i get all my pancakes from. Hope you enjoy the site.

Thanks, I will take a look...I am the only one in my family that needs to watch what they eat so I love that I can make this and they don't notice that it's healthier. I am fine with the portion control, as that is where I tend to have a problem.... like you, I just add veggies or a salad if I need more.
  • ConleighS
    Options
    the portions are quite small, which is why it's low-calorie!
    Exactly. A 200 calorie serving of pie sounds great until you realize that she cut the small 9 inch pan into 10 pieces. Not so great sounding anymore.

Since part of my problem IS controlling portion size this is not an issue for me... and if I need more I just add veggies or salad.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    At the moment, I can eat quite a bit more than 200 calories for my main meal (I know that might change as I lose weight), so 200 plus some veg would not usually be enough for me! But my point was really that you don't always need special recipes. If you eat healthy home-cooked food, you might just need to have smaller portions of it. The advantage of recipes like these is that the calories are pre-counted, rather than you having to work it out yourself. (And also something baked in a dish like this is easier to portion out than something in a pan!).
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i LOVE THIS SITE! I make usually 2 or 3 of her recipies a week and then use the leftovers for my lunches. So far I have loved everything I've made.

A lot of people seem to be complaining about the portion sizes being too small... Most the time I think the portion sizes are pretty right on. But they are almost all only around 200 calories each... and I usually have a lot more calories in my dinner, so I can either double the portion or add side dishes and extra veggies.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    yes i LOVE her recipes!
    i plan on using a few for a st patricks shindig i am throwing (the slow cooker corned beef and hash, turning the shepherds pie recipe vegetarian, and the chocolate stout baileys cupcakes).
    she has some yummy vegetarian recipes, i use the meat ones too and just sub it for meatless grounds or tofu or something.
    but yeah that site is amazing.
    i made the eggplant parm she had listed and it was so good!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I like her site. The mini turkey meatloaf & meringue cookies are a hit at our house. Same with the crock pot picadillo.
  • Teresa71464
    Options
    bump
  • kdcshesback
    kdcshesback Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great site! Wonderful ideas!!
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I made the baked spaghetti squash chicken parmesan boats recently. A bit over 300 cals per serve and very filling. Delish too. I am thinking of making the cheeseburger casserole next.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The Mexican Slow cooked Pork Carnitas are great..
    A site I like even more than SkinnyTaste is http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/ i have a really picky family and the recipes on eat yourself skinny seem to be more family friendly, the skinny enchiladas are amazing!
  • ChrisFitt2014
    ChrisFitt2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great recipes! Just made here Turkey Meat Loaf....Delicious!
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Most of her stuff is really good. Don't make the Baked Zucchini Sticks cooking spray is not a substitute for real organic butter.
  • ScottiePP7
    ScottiePP7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So wait, now people are complaining that others use a website for recipes instead of...something? Their mom's recipe box?

I mean really, just stop trolling.

This site is great, has great ideas and I love everything I have tried.

I also didn't find the portion sizes to be small. As for a small piece of pie after dinner as oppossed to a giant piece....better than no pie? What are you looking for a 200 calorie entire pie?