AVOCADO

Options
What are some good recipes/ways to eat avocado?

Replies

• misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Plain - salt and pepper. Perfection.
  • ChristineLondon
    ChristineLondon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Out of the skin.....yumm!! Is there any bad ways to eat avocado??
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle it with a little salt if you want, maybe hot sauce, and devour with a spoon!

Make guacamole; put it on your salad; eat it as a garnish; mix it with black beans, corn, peppers, cilantro and lime juice; put it in a smoothie; make cucumber avocado soup; spread it on crackers; use it instead of mayonnaise on a sandwich or wrap.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    On brown toast with salt, pepper, a squeeze of lemon.

I also saw a recipe that used it instead of mayonnaise in devilled eggs. And another that used it to make healthier chocolate mousse!
  • Hadley_SM
    Hadley_SM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Out of the skin.....yumm!! Is there any bad ways to eat avocado??

YES!!! love Avocado!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, or slid, with some turkey breast, into a whole wheat pita pocket.
  • mindyc2011
    mindyc2011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    In place of mayo on a sammich.
    Diced on top of soup, chili or salad.
    Plain
  • wiseeliz
    wiseeliz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sandwich topping! I'm shying away from putting cheese on my sandwiches, so topping my lean turkey or chicken sandwich with a couple thin slices of avocado is my go-to these days. (Actually, when I lived outside the U.S. I used to just do avocado on a slice of bread for a light lunch - nice that the season of cheap avocados coincided with the season of constant power outages!)
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I like it sliced on a veggie burger, with salsa. This would work on a regular burger too, I'm sure!

Atop steamed veggies and rice with a tasty sauce of your choice.

In half with soy sauce in the hole, scoop out and eat.

In a smoothie - it adds amazing creaminess but if you only put 1/4 in, it doesn't taste weird.

In a green salad

On any given savory sandwich (with veggies, meat, but probably not peanut butter, LOL)
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I always salt and pepper an avocado b4 consuming it.

my fav way:

BAT sandwich:
    bacon
    avocado
    tomato

good in a mexican chicken/veg soup too, dice and put it in right before serving.

i also like it smeared on toast to eat alongside eggs.
    What are some good recipes/ways to eat avocado?
  • JessicaP327
    JessicaP327 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have hated avocado until just recently. The past 4 months I can't get enough and since I've been avocado-obsessed I found this website that has a lot of really amazing recipes!

www.theamazingavocado.com

Almost everything I've seen sounds so good. If anyone tries one please PM me and let me know how it is. I hope to try a bunch very soon! :)
  • jgoldie88
    jgoldie88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Open-faced avocado and tomato sandwiches

1. Mix your avocado with a small spoonful of light mayo, salt and pepper, and whatever herb seasonings you like (I do Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb).

2. Spread your avocado mix on lightly toasted whole grain bread

3. Put a few slices of vine-ripened tomatoes on top and sprinkle with a TEENSY bit of seasoned salt

4. Enjoy!!! ( Seriously, it's delicious)
  • Jooliebean
    Jooliebean Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Blended smooth with lemon or orange juice, s & p...use as a salad dressing or dip!! Diced with some tomato garlic, lemon juice, s & p...guacamole...blended smooth with a little dark chocolate and a smidge of maple syrup... chocolate pudding! :)
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Plain, on sandwiches, with a little seasoned greek yogurt, with cottage cheese. I haven't found a wrong way to eat an avocado :-)
  • mjl_
    mjl_ Posts: 26
    Options
    Plain - salt and pepper. Perfection.

I usually eat it plain! haha :) so is it good on toast? isnt 1 avocado alot of calories? i find it is not very filling either. what can i add to it, to make it more filling?
  • mjl_
    Options
    Plain, on sandwiches, with a little seasoned greek yogurt, with cottage cheese. I haven't found a wrong way to eat an avocado :-)

i hate cottage cheese, thanks though.
  • mjl_
    Options
    Open-faced avocado and tomato sandwiches

1. Mix your avocado with a small spoonful of light mayo, salt and pepper, and whatever herb seasonings you like (I do Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb).

2. Spread your avocado mix on lightly toasted whole grain bread

3. Put a few slices of vine-ripened tomatoes on top and sprinkle with a TEENSY bit of seasoned salt

4. Enjoy!!! ( Seriously, it's delicious)

mmmmmm this sounds so good! i am totally going to try it out!
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Avocado, salad cream and king prawn wrap, yum!!!