Hi from Canada!

Options
Ok.. here goes nothing (well... something.. namely those unsightly pounds I hope). Just joined today - had lost 25 pounds on WW in 2011 but a few crept back on - was finding that I was getting stuck with the new WW Plus. Had a fleeting (and I mean fleeettingg) experience with the Dr. Bernstein diet (yikes)... and remembered that I had heard about MFP from others and they had success.
I'm currently trying to lose about 58 or so pounds... was recently in a play and got the photos back and ... what a motivator they are. I don't want to look like this any more. I don't want to feel crappy any more. I want to feel health and happy for me again.
Good luck to you all on your lifestyle changes...

Diving in!
N.

Replies

• gregb8924
    gregb8924 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Woo another Canadian! Welcome to mfp, feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like
  • respygirl
    respygirl Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome!! I hear ya about the new WW program. I tried it and wasn't a fan. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm in Hamilton, ON.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am only 2 weeks in on MFP and cannot say enough positive things ( have already seen an 8 pound drop following some very frustrating plateaus). I'm from Kitchener -Waterloo, Ontario.
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi from Calgary - I have been on for 6 months and am down 20 pounds - feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I hear that! Those photos are the ultimate motivator!!!
    I'm an Alberta girl! Feel free to add me, too!
  • NSmokler
    NSmokler Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm liking this already - have a great day wherever you are in this great country :-)
  • kaitlink9
    kaitlink9 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Heyo! Edmontontonian here! Feel free to add! :)
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all you fellow Canucks out there. Feel free to add me as a friend after reading my profile. I like the fact that the person who started this thread used the phrase lifestyle change.

Montreal here, but have lived in many places including Kitchener, Waterloo, Ottawa and Kyiv.

Welcome to MFP... Ive been here a little while and I have been enjoy it and it helps keep me on my toes...

Support from people has been great! :)
  • bamboostar
    bamboostar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello to my fellow Canucks!

I have only been logging in earnest for 2 weeks, but I have seen progress in my attitude and numbers! I'm taking my journey slow and steady.

I have found that having a team of cheerleaders has helped me immensely. I also get a lot of satisfaction from encouraging my fellow MFP buddies!

Please feel free to add me, but if you do so, I would appreciate a message!

Good luck!
  • LaurieLynn
    LaurieLynn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Canadians;

an Albertan here, I have been faithfully logging in for just over a week, which for me is a bonus because I usualy quit logging into whatever method I am using after the first 2 days or so. Feel free to add me if any one likes. Good luck all.
  • nicmcgoo
    nicmcgoo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just started my active living lifestyle last week down 4 lbs but my motivation and attitude has changed for the better! I'm a fellow Canuck looking for meaningful weightloss friends. Feel free to add me!
  • DonnaMDaniels
    DonnaMDaniels Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hi! im from brantford ontario, add me as well
  • jillwhite12
    jillwhite12 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm from a tiny town in Quebec (near Ottawa, ON). Feel free to add me as well!
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Saskatchewan (hard to spell, easy to draw - never get tired of that joke). I've been on MFP for over a year now having dropped 63 lbs (28.6 kg) and have been maintqaining since 18 Oct 12. You have done the most important thing in joining MFP. Now just stick with the program, log your food & exercise and it WILL work. Take care.
  • mikester66
    mikester66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Canucks. i have only started logging on a few days ago and so far i am liking it here. I hope everyone reaches their goals,I am here to give and receive all the support i can . feel free to add me:)
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    HI! Vancouver, BC checking in! Feel free to friend me (any of you) I try to log every day and I try to get some sort of physical activity in every day. I'm not sure exactly what my goal weight is, but last year at this time I was 20lbs closer. So on March 1 I decided to forget the past and start fresh.
    Best of luck to you all!
  • tdotgirl
    tdotgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    From Toronto....feel free to add me!
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Canadian living in the UK, feel free to add me happy to provide encouragement!!
  • Celticsnowflake
    Celticsnowflake Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I completely agree about MFP!!! The best part is that it is free and we are not alone!! Feel free to add me and when you are up to it join some of the challenges on the community page!! They are a great motivation.
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Canadian. Good luck.
    I'm not sure how this friend thing works and I've never posted anything before but I think it's time for me as I'm in a bit of a slump right now. Cindy