Plateau misery

Options
Hello everyone! I have been on my "lifestyle" change since January 20th. I am on a 1200-1300 calorie diet of a lot of fruits and veggies. I drink nothing but water with lemon except for my one cup of coffee in the morning. I also work out 5-6 days a week, doing 30 minutes of interval cardio on a treadmill and strength training for another 30. The first month I lost 10 pounds and was feeling awesome! (Not to mention I dropped down 2 sizes), but for the past 2 weeks the scale hasn't budged. I only weigh myself once a week (in the morning, first thing).... I don't know why I haven't lost anything. I know I should be more concerned with inches then on the scale but I really am not noticing any change. What should I do??!! Need some words of wisdom and advice!

Replies

• mrscerato
    Options
    Sorry.. I should specify: My 1200-1300 calorie diet INCLUDES a lot of fruits and veggies and not ONLY.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    With only 12 pounds to go you should really be eating at a smaller deficit. Lots of people experience this same thing when restricting their calories to such extreme levels.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Remember that it is a "lifestyle" change NOT that horrible 4 letter word starting with a "D".
  • aehenson
    aehenson Posts: 86
    Options
    Increase your calories. I've been logging in to MFP for years & was following the recommended 1200. I lost initially & then plateaued for a YEAR. I increased my calories to a couple hundred extra a day & am happy to report I lost another 12 after that!
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating your exercise calories back? Eat them. MFP is designed for them to be eaten. If you aren't eating them back, you aren't doing it right and you aren't eating enough. This is not about making yourself miserable. This is about changing your lifestyle to something sustainable for the long haul.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've suffered through a long plateau and the only thing that broke me out was increasing my calories. Trust and believe it will work.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    A 2 week Plateau is nothing. Wait until 4weeks.
    Solution 1 - change your work out.
    Solution 2 - Eat 1500 - 1700 Calories for 2 weeks.
    Solution 3 Try the sparticus workout ver 1. for 3 weeks.
  • babphat
    babphat Posts: 12
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. My plateau just ended after a solid 3 weeks. Just be patient stop looking at the scale and keep doing what you are doing. Also, when I did decided to get back on the scale it was becasue all of a sudden I was extremely hungry and couldnt stay out of the restroom. So I figured my body must be losing again. So low and behold, I got on the scale and had lost 3 pounds. I was so shocked and elated because the scale hadnt been move. But what is most important is not go give up keep goin and eventually your body will give in and you will see the pounds move. Stay encouraged and off the scale for atleast a month before you weigh in again. I am sure you will be more than pleasantly suprised.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I found that eating more quality food helped me. Try increasing your cals to 1400 (plus at least half your exercise cals) and see what happens. It may go away a little slower, but it will go away. I know how hard it is to be patient but it is well worth it in the long run.