Yoga on You Tube?

Options
SuzMcH
SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
Is it possible to do yoga correctly and effectively using You Tube videos ?

I've only ever done yoga once before, for 6 months when pregnant, and I'd really like to start again. But I truly can't afford to go to a class. But thought I could try finding some You Tube clips to get me started.
Or would I be better buying a dvd ? (I'm in UK so UK compatible suggestions please for dvds)

thanks.

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    i pretty much live off of youtube yoga. try:

ekhartyoga
    yogatic
    lbutler2
    doyogawithme.com
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for your response. Would you specifically recommend any of these for beginners ?
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    This is brilliant! Thanks for the awesome idea!
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Check out Tara Stiles too on YouTube, some great beginner routines and a very encourage, approachable style. Most of her clips are short (10 min or less) but you can string a few together for a longer workout. I personally love them as a quick pick-me up or stretch/destress session on busy days.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for your response. Would you specifically recommend any of these for beginners ?

no problem. ekhartyoga/yogatic are generally pretty beginner level. lbutler2 has some more intermediate. another person suggested tara stiles which is also good for beginners...she has a nice voice too.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender also has some beginner friendly yoga and "fluid stretching" (mostly yoga based) videos.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Save for later. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sadie Nardini
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Bump~ always looking for great Youtube videos!
    Thank you! :flowerforyou: