Accountability Partners

Options
Accountability Partners - I need some! :)

Looking for people who want to form a friendly relationship and help keep each other accountable for goals; fitness, dietary, or otherwise.

I am a 23yr old Female looking to lose 80-100lbs, switch to a clean eating diet, and begin a regular exercise regimen. I don't mind if you do not have similar goals, but I know that some people would prefer to work with those that do, so I figured I would put that information out there.

Please let me know if you might be interested! I believe this is a great way for everyone to achieve there goals in a healthy way, and we can make new friends in the process as well!

P.s. I thought I should also mention that I am a night owl, so my hours are usually a little wonky.

Replies

• Bekah_Davis
    Bekah_Davis Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me.My goals are very similar to yours!
  • Thesarahmonster
    Thesarahmonster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'd love if we could stay in contact throughout the day so that we can feel more connected and supportive of each other instead of just being a stranger that says "Hey get your butt in gear!" :P
  • rgrin
    rgrin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I"m 34 with very similar goals. I've got some great friends, but I'm not sure that any feel comfortable with calling me out when I screw up... which does happen, of course! I've tried doing things alone before, and it did NOT work at all for me, so I'm trying to reach out more this time. Giving and receiving support and accountability can make such a difference in achieving your goals. Friend requests sent to you both!
  • casmjones
    casmjones Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can do it. I need alot of help. I am looking to lose aroun 100 pounds. I have the MFP going to my phone so I get the messages. Feel free to add me a friend----anyone.
  • Thesarahmonster
    Options
    I feel the same way!! I've tried to brave it alone in the past but it just doesn't work. My family and friends here are not strong enough to stand up to me when I want something I know I shouldn't have! In their defense, they do have to live with me :P

Looking forward to getting to know both of you ladies! :)
  • Mischieviousme777
    Mischieviousme777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    We spoke last night, and yeah.. Accountability is a good portion of this journey. I figure the more buzzing in the ear I (or anyone, really) can get, the more likely to succeed.
  • kellyw036
    kellyw036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! :smile: I have similar goals as well and would love the added support!
  • chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I totally, completely need this. I tried to talk to my FH about how things are going ("I did 20 minutes on the bike today!") but he's not really interested, so I end up feeling naggy/braggy, which sucks.

I'm looking to lose 15 pounds. I work from home, so my hours are all over the place. I'm trying to set up regular morning workouts, which has been going alright so far.

If anyone would like to connect with me, to help keep me on track, that would be awesome. :)
  • kkrondon
    kkrondon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I have been struggling with accountability myself for the last several months. But, I am starting anew this week and pledge to be accountable for clean eating and consistently working out. We can hold each other accountable.
  • Thesarahmonster
    Options
    I think I have all of you added now! This is very exciting. I hope we can all push each other to reach our goals and pursue our health and fitness dreams!
  • chercee
    Options
    Excellent! Maybe we should start some sort of accountability group? Or does PM work bette?
  • FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would like to get in on this too! My 'local' support can be kind of flaky and this sounds like a good circle :)
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    I totally need this right now! I need someone to call or text me when they don't see me log a workout or complete my food diary and ask me wth I'm doing! lol
  • chercee
    Options
    Ok, so how did everyone do today?

I went for a walk (shorter and slower than usual, because of my ankle injury), but it was still good to get out. I wasn't able to fit in the spinning today because of an appointment, but I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.

I overate today, and feel uncomfortable. Calorie-wise I'm still good, but it was still too much. I think my body is still trying to adjust to the increase in activity - like I'm extra hungry but can't regulate it or something. I'm topping off my night with a digestive smoothie... yes, I will go over my sugar intake but it's better than going to bed feeling like a balloon.

In case anyone else is curious, here is the recipe for the digestive smoothie:

1 small banana
    1 small pear
    3 mint leaves
    1 tbsp. hemp hearts
    1 cup water
    1-2 tsp. liquid honey

Blend and serve! Be warned - the hemp hearts and water can be quite the combo on your bowels sometimes!

ETA: I feel like, despite not gaining any weight, my stomach is getting bigger..or poofier..or something. Very irritating.
  • lisam625
    lisam625 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!!
    I have been saying for weeks now that I need accountability and maybe even a daily challenge.
    How can we do a daily challenge and then also have a way to make everyone accountable?
  • melsalinas617
    Options
    I am! I need a lot of help getting motivated.