225 calories in 15 minutes?!

ChubbieTubbie
ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I am using a HR monitor watch when I exercise and it told me that after bicycling for 15 minutes today, I burned 225 calories. I was consistently at 70-70% of my resting heart rate and I'm a 269 pound female. Does that sound accurate?

Replies

• angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    When I am on the eliptical for 15 mins and go hard I can burn 250-300 cals and I am a 245 lb female...So I would say yes.

This is on a machine that asks me for my weight and age...
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    I'm not looking at exact numbers but It sounds reasonable to me.
  • Sounds right ... I've always heard the more you weigh, the more you burn. I could be totally wrong but my BF weighs 237 and i weigh 210 and he always burns more but anyways sounds reasonable.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Yes, that sounds reasonable. I'm @ 275 and that's about what I burn in 15 min of riding or swimming.
  • sounds about right to me! awesome burn btw! :)
  • What kind of monitor do you have? I have been thinking about getting one but not sure where to even start!!!??
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    indymom-- I have a Sportline Solo 915--I really love it! It was pretty inexpensive and has given me no problems.

Thanks for the response! I'm so relieved that it sounds right...I know what my new favorite exercise will be, haha.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    i spose its time to go get my bike out of my father in laws shed!
  • kimberlyLx
    kimberlyLx Posts: 16 Member
    I have the same watch, i done a home workout for 15 mins and it says i burned 245 calories i am female, 126 lbs, just got this watch today, so was just trying it out x
  • Fitburd
    Fitburd Posts: 92 Member
    I weigh just under 300lbs and can burn 1k in an hour so I would say yes, sounds pretty accurate
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
    It could be..............I weigh around 240 and on Sunday I jogged for 15 minutes @ 6mph/ 10 min mile and I burned about 250 calories!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Yes, it's possible! In my 45 min spin class I typically burn around 400 calories, and I'm very close to my goal weight. So if you still have quite a bit left to lose, it would be possible.
  • tae_101
    tae_101 Posts: 2
    Where did you get the watch from?
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    I wouldn't count on that being so accurate as that model does not have a chest strap. Chest straps offer continuous monitoring. Unless you are holding your finger to your model the entire time you work out, you aren't getting the proper read out.

http://www.sportline.com/products/heart-rate-monitors/duo-1010-heartrate-mens.html

One with a strap. Says mens but is really unisex. Has female profile in the settings.
  • kimberlyLx
    kimberlyLx Posts: 16 Member
    I need to lose another 10lbs roughly, i am really active, i do HIIT training on the treadmill 5 mornings a week, and 20 mins on that 250cal, thats withought taking my heart rate, on the watch i check my heart rate every couple mins
This discussion has been closed.