What's the best bread?

Options
2»

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    either you think bread is the devil or you don't.

if you don't, just eat what you like and make sure it fits into your calorie profile.

if you do and you still don't want to give it up: prepare for a big let down in taste or research how to make your own low GI bread.

Bread's not bad, but I do like to watch my white flour intake. Now if I still lived in Florida, there is nothing that can keep me away from cuban bread....that's heaven on earth.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Brownberry Healthful .... 10 grain or nutty grain.... these are middle calorie range ... but the texture is BREAD.

The 40-45 calorie slice breads are too wimpy for me, and the only thins I've tried were doughy (?)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Ezekiel. Going to have to check it out. I just eat the bread I like, but I have it maybe once a week. Usually Pepperidge Farm whole grains white or Wegman's whole grain white (if you have a Wegmans obviously), they do a smaller loaf and it's 110 calories for two slices.
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Something that is freshly baked that day and def not something that is found in the frozen foods aisle. I'm looking at you Ezekiel bread

Wait, why is ezekiel bread with the frozen foods?

Because it is not full of preservatives and has a short shelf life if not kept frozen.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

if you don't, just eat what you like and make sure it fits into your calorie profile.

if you do and you still don't want to give it up: prepare for a big let down in taste or research how to make your own low GI bread.
    Why is it black or white? I like bread, but prefer mine with fewer mystery ingredients and more quality ingredients. Ezekiel tastes fabulous and IS bread.

of course its bread.

i'd say you fall into catagory two. if i'm going to eat bread, i want to enjoy it lol, so ezekiel is out the window lol.

i guess thats a matter of opinion anyway.

I don't eat much bread but i haven't sworn it off. when i learned more about glycemic index, i wanted to cut bread out completely. then i realized i almost never eat it anyway unless i'm going to subway or the olive garden.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Sara Lee since I've started this. They have all kinds of 45 Calorie breads--I like the Multi-Grain. I have 1 piece of toast w/breakfast and 2 slices w/peanutbutter at lunch everyday.
  • iLikeShinyThings
    iLikeShinyThings Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, you've been very helpful!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee 45 calories and delightful Honey Wheat Bread. I prefer it to other brands now.
  • josyk7
    josyk7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at Jewel and it's in the freezer section!
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    For daily stuff (toast, mostly--I rarely eat sandwiches) I like Aunt Millie's Fiber for Life Reduced Calorie Multigrain. Tastes pretty good, 80 calories per slice.

I LOVE Aunt Millie's bread! It's hard to find, though. It is so soft.. I just love the texture.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Why is it black or white? I like bread, but prefer mine with fewer mystery ingredients and more quality ingredients. Ezekiel tastes fabulous and IS bread.

of course its bread.

i'd say you fall into catagory two. if i'm going to eat bread, i want to enjoy it lol, so ezekiel is out the window lol.

i guess thats a matter of opinion anyway.

I don't eat much bread but i haven't sworn it off. when i learned more about glycemic index, i wanted to cut bread out completely. then i realized i almost never eat it anyway unless i'm going to subway or the olive garden.
    fwiw, montignac.com lists the GI of ezekiel bread as 35...low...