chewing gum after meals

Options

Replies

• rachlat
    rachlat Posts: 23
    Options
    I chew gum after meals, but I have to say despite others saying it helps weight loss etc.... There is no evidence. I do it to freshen my breath when I'm not home.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    This is also good for toning up your chin. Not sure if it was mentioned in the chin toning thread. Again, be careful if you're a female, that you don't bulk up your chin too much.

no! only if you chew heavy.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Do you log the calories burned from chewing gum?
    If you log 'em, better eat 'em back.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    OH science you so silly
  • thecanface
    Options
    Do you log the calories burned from chewing gum?
    If you log 'em, better eat 'em back.

but then don't you have to eat back the calories you burned from chewing the food you just ate to eat back the calories burned?? where does the cycle end??
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    This is also good for toning up your chin. Not sure if it was mentioned in the chin toning thread. Again, be careful if you're a female, that you don't bulk up your chin too much.

i prefer to chew light with higher chew reps. no offense to anyone with a ripped bulky veiny spray-tanned chin. that look is just not for me, i think it looks scary.
  • thecanface
    Options

i prefer to chew light with higher chew reps. no offense to anyone with a ripped bulky veiny spray-tanned chin. that look is just not for me, i think it looks scary.

true. I'm going for a chin gap.
  • rosikinslovesyou
    Options
    Chewing gum actually makes me hungry again, does anyone else find that?

Aspartame makes me very sick as it is.
  • taso42
    Options

You go girl!
    You should check out my tumblr for some chinspo!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Well, you see what happens if you chew gum AS a meal. Maybe after is better?
    violet-beauregarde.jpg
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I have a serious question. The other day, I was chewing gum while running, and I accidentally swallowed it- Usually I just tuck it in the side of my cheek or spit it out, but I was on a treadmill. How does the extra metabolism burning work while exercising, and how does swallowing it impact your results? I lost a lb today, so I assume what happened is that the gum is still revving my metabolism from inside my digestive system and will likely continue for the next 7 years that the gum is in my belly. How many extra calories do I need to maintain now for the next 7 years?
  • taso42
    Options
    I have a serious question. The other day, I was chewing gum while running, and I accidentally swallowed it- Usually I just tuck it in the side of my cheek or spit it out, but I was on a treadmill. How does the extra metabolism burning work while exercising, and how does swallowing it impact your results? I lost a lb today, so I assume what happened is that the gum is still revving my metabolism from inside my digestive system and will likely continue for the next 7 years that the gum is in my belly. How many extra calories do I need to maintain now for the next 7 years?

I don't know. I'm not a doctor or a registered dietitian.
  • thecanface
    Options

You go girl!
    You should check out my tumblr for some chinspo!

no no... i just want to tone it. Chinspo seems so... pro-china.

(i may have taken it too far with that one)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

It's more than likely the gum came out the other end, pulling 1lb-worth of the mucoid plaque lining your intestines from years of eating with it on the way. So I suppose you could say it detoxed you!

As for me, I rarely chew gum due to TMJ (and its tendency to create embarrassing wind due to all that swallowing).
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds doing nothing but chewing gum

tumblr_lucboxF2cK1r17826.gif
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was advised against chewing gum because it causes you to swallow, which causes gas and bloating. Bloating hurts more than chewing gum helps for me. So I brush my teeth after meals and skip the gum with the artificial crap it in :)
  • vlwimb84
    vlwimb84 Posts: 15
    Options
    Lol u guys can take it or leave it with a grain of salt...just sharing some knowledge...anywho back to my gum i go lol
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I chew gum when I get hungry in between meals or even when I am not hungry. I think I just like to munch on something all the time. when I was little, I chewed my barbie doll feet. I chew my nails. Gosh I must be nervous. Anyway it helps is all I know! keeps me from going to get more foood.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options

^^smarty pants haha :laugh:
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options

Don't worry about it, the gum will fall out with your uterus if you keep running.