Who choked the chicken?

Options
NotRailMeat
NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
I just returned from a business trip to China and one night my host took me out to dinner. He ordered everything that night (because I don't speak mandarin) so I had no idea what to expect. Well a few minutes later, from the kitchen, I hear a lot of clucking, then the sounds of a chicken dying and then a little while later a chicken dish appears on the table. Talk about fresh!

What are some interesting, food related, experiences you've had while traveling?

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I confess, it was I.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I confess, it was I.

bwahahahaha stop choking the chickens...
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I herd someone slam his salami the other day at the pizza place...
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You women are dirt! So hard to be a male in here. Males are upstanding citizens after all!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    When in Italy near The Vatican I saw a fight break out and someone beat the Bishop.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I've been know to shake hands with Abraham Lincoln from time to time...
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Come on guys, quit beating around the subject, this is supposed to be serious thread!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I just returned from a business trip to China and one night my horse took me out to dinner. He ordered everything that night (because I don't speak mandarin) so I had no idea what to expect. Well a few minutes later, from the kitchen, I hear a lot of clucking, then the sounds of a chicken dying and then a little while later a chicken dish appears on the table. Talk about fresh!

What are some interesting, food related, experiences you've had while traveling?

I'm sorry I fixed it for you....the way I read it.

BTW...i don't choke my own chickens...i choke someone elses chickens...
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I just returned from a business trip to China and one night my horse took me out to dinner. He ordered everything that night (because I don't speak mandarin) so I had no idea what to expect. Well a few minutes later, from the kitchen, I hear a lot of clucking, then the sounds of a chicken dying and then a little while later a chicken dish appears on the table. Talk about fresh!

I'm sorry I fixed it for you....the way I read it.

BTW...i don't choke my own chickens...i choke someone elses chickens...

Do you have a dedicated chicken or are you accepting new chickens?
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    You women are dirt! So hard to be a male in here. Males are upstanding citizens after all!

:huh:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Once, I was out fishing and I caught a one eyed trouser trout. Does that count?
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Come on guys, quit beating around the subject, this is supposed to be serious thread!

He said BEATING!!!
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I watched my cousin and her husband slaughter their own chickens and pig. That was a bit much for me.
  • willprovost
    willprovost Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How many calories does one burn while choking a chicken? How do you enter that in MFP?

Maybe I should start that exercise regimen... Hmmmm...
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    OK, Ill take a stab at serious.
    I was in Mexico and a local (non tourist) restaurant had seagull on the menu.
  • Fit_Kenzie
    Fit_Kenzie Posts: 124
    Options

:laugh:
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Me, now off I go

tumblr_mjei4cApRf1rjcfxro1_400.gif
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I had ostrich jerky once. It was kind of tough and I was dissappointed afterwards.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    > 1 Year Consecutive Logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

No they are talking about choking your chicken, not beating your chicken
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    China is fun. Go there on business. They put everything on a large lazy susan and spin it around the table family style..... here are the chicken feet we ate.....

npgl21.jpg