Green coffee beans?

Options
Has anyone ever tried a green coffee bean product? How would you review it? My coworker just ordered some pills that are green coffee bean and raspberry ketone supplements she sounds very confident in its ability to supplement weight loss efforts. Now I'm curious...

Replies

• sherrymccall
    sherrymccall Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried a green coffee bean product? How would you review it? My coworker just ordered some pills that are green coffee bean and raspberry ketone supplements she sounds very confident in its ability to supplement weight loss efforts. Now I'm curious...

It is pure crap. Does nothing for you. If Dr. Oz promotes it, I'm not using it. All it will do is give you a placebo affect and make you think it's the cause of losin weight. In reality there is not magic pill, just hard work.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Sorry no magic beans!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    no. just a big bag of no.

along with:
    ketones
    coffee enemas
    green tea extract
    etc.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Congratulate your friend on wasting her money by being pulled into buying crap she saw on TV or read about in a magazine.

"Fat burners" etc aren't generally that great. Some are quite good at appetite suppression (so you don't go over your calorie limit), but in my opinion, if you are truly hungry then you should eat, and ignore the calorie count for a day. It's one of those things people buy and think "I've lost weight because of this" or "I haven't lost weight because of this".

The fact is, you need to be accountable for what you put into your mouth in terms of overall nutrition, not whether you've taken a God damn pill.
  • Goatgodess
    Goatgodess Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    don't waste your time or money, I tried raspberry ketones had no effect
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just started taking Coffe Green Bean Extract yesterday so it's too soon to tell if it's working. Since you already purchased it, how about we keep each other posted on our progress?

I know that nothing replaces diet and exercise but perhaps this coffee bean thing can add a boost to that? Doesn't hurt to see :)
  • TChester_05
    TChester_05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awww she is so excited it was contagious... but I wasnt a big fan of spending money on a weight loss pill... especially one I've never seen used. Thanks for the feedback!
  • trogalicious
    Options
    I just started taking Coffe Green Bean Extract yesterday so it's too soon to tell if it's working. Since you already purchased it, how about we keep each other posted on our progress?

I know that nothing replaces diet and exercise but perhaps this coffee bean thing can add a boost to that? Doesn't hurt to see :)

I'm terribly sorry you've wasted your money. It has absolutely no effect whatever.
  • TChester_05
    TChester_05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

I didnt actually purchase... but would like to see how it goes! Can I friend you??
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    There's no magic pill, no magic fairy dust. Eat better - move more. Everything else will just make your wallet lighter.
  • sherrymccall
    sherrymccall Posts: 60 Member
    Options

All you're going to find out is you wasted your money on a placebo pill. It does not give your weightloss a boost. It will do nothing. But I guess if you believe in it enough you can trick yourself into thinking it's helping. The truth is you will get the same amount of weightloss with or without the pill because the pill does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

Nothing replaces diet and exercise.

Caffeine is an appetite supressant AND an upper. It'll help keep the eating under control and give you added umph for your work out.

What i don't understand is why buy pills and what not when you SHOULD be enjoying a delicious cup o' black gold!

w-Giant-Coffee-Cup75917.jpg
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Sorry no magic beans!

as a bonifide coffee junkie, i have to disagree. Coffee beans are magic. Just not in a way that will magically make you skinny. but it may magically make you bounce off the walls!!!

/....darn! This thread was triggering! Now i have to go get an iced americano!!!!
  • trogalicious
    Options
    /....darn! This thread was triggering! Now i have to go get an iced americano!!!!
    yes. just yes. If you're gonna order a cold coffee, THAT is how you do it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I buy green coffee regularly. My favorite varieties are Ethiopians and Yemens. I give them a relatively light roast, grind, and brew into a delicious beverage called coffee.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you will have better luck with the shaker weights...I use them all the time and they are great for toning...
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I did a month of raspberry ketones and they didn't help - if anything, they made me put on weight (hungrier, I held on to water, etc.)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

It is pure crap. Does nothing for you. If Dr. Oz promotes it, I'm not using it. All it will do is give you a placebo affect and make you think it's the cause of losin weight. In reality there is not magic pill, just hard work.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^just this...

lose weight = eat less and do some form of exercise..

oh and news flash it takes time...there is no two week magic bullet...it took years to get out of shape, its going to take time to get back in shape...
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I know a couple of guys in pre-contest mode that are trying to get to that last percent of bodyfat in the 3-4% range. They are using something that I believe contains the extract with other stuff but I'm not quite sure. I do know that one has stated he is not going with the product again as it does not agree with his digestion.

Personally, I have never tried them or plan to use them. I would not expect something like this to work in the manner most believe it will. Though, if someone wants to give you some samples try it, personal experience should be your last word.
  • hannahpark3r
    hannahpark3r Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I drink Starbucks Refreshers a lot, which are made from green coffee beans, and all it really does is suppress my appetite somewhat. Same effect that green tea has.