Who choked the chicken?

Options
2»

Replies

• RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    shot a rattlesnake, skinned it and cooked it over a fire with fresh trout. Good eats.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I just returned from a business trip to China and one night my horse took me out to dinner. He ordered everything that night (because I don't speak mandarin) so I had no idea what to expect. Well a few minutes later, from the kitchen, I hear a lot of clucking, then the sounds of a chicken dying and then a little while later a chicken dish appears on the table. Talk about fresh!

What are some interesting, food related, experiences you've had while traveling?

I'm sorry I fixed it for you....the way I read it.

BTW...i don't choke my own chickens...i choke someone elses chickens...

Do you have a dedicated chicken or are you accepting new chickens?

Sorry I have a dedicated chicken.
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I just returned from a business trip to China and one night my horse took me out to dinner. He ordered everything that night (because I don't speak mandarin) so I had no idea what to expect. Well a few minutes later, from the kitchen, I hear a lot of clucking, then the sounds of a chicken dying and then a little while later a chicken dish appears on the table. Talk about fresh!

What are some interesting, food related, experiences you've had while traveling?

Lucky Bird lol!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe in eating what you kill.... but it's hard to split one squirrel between two grown men.. but we shot it so we ate it. (we cooked other stuff thankfully we weren't relying on our hunting prowess).
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    chickenandbachmann.jpg
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I was interpreting for my pastor's wife in Cuba, and they killed a lamb in the backyard and served it to us. Also have some Amish friends near here in Indiana, and they killed the chickens, then we de-feathered them. Ugh...
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Come on guys, quit beating around the subject, this is supposed to be serious thread!
    He said BEATING!!!
    Pun intended!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I always thought eating lobster in an open kitchen type restaurant is intense. You choose the lobster and then get to hear it scream as they drop it in boiling water, makes you feel like Cesar of the lobster world who gets to decide who lives and who dies.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I've eaten raccoon before. Don't ask.
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I just finished choking the chicken. Good times.
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options

Pics??
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Pics??

Yes I do.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Deperately trying to keep this on the serious track, I lived in Africa for many years and saw plenty of this sort of thing. A guy would turn up at the door with a cage on the back of his bicycle with live chickens squashed inside. If you bought one, its neck was wrung before it was handed over. I also saw an ox pushed into an A frame and poleaxed as we arrived at a guesthouse out in the bush miles from anywhere. It was our supper. And the meat was so fresh it was as tough as old boots!

I also recall as a kid in Scotland seeing our next door neighbour chopping the heads off chickens he was selling, head on a block of wood, flash of the axe and the headless corpse ran off bleeding profusely (just nervous reactions we were told). As kids we found this very funny.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

Lucky Bird lol!

you have no idea.