Joined yesterday.. need friends and help

Options
Cassea7
Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
Hi, :smile: I have been yoyo dieting most of my life, well infact many times i have had an eating disorder..using laxatives and starvation, by eating only one apple a day.. 4 years ago , I began eating healthy three meals a day and no laxatives..I cut out all processed foods. I would exercise and injure myself and then be so sedentary that I would overeat. I am now around 200 lbs and am motivated to lose 50 or 60 lbs//I am 5 '4 inches almost 50 years old.( I have had knee joint pain and ankle and foot problems...

.For the past 3 weeks , I have been working out to Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and i finally have hope!!!..I have lost 2 inches off my waist. I am counting calories now..My problem is this...for breakfast I ate 1 egg scrambled with broccoli and 1 oz of steak which was around 300 calories also had a healthy banana smoothie..Then i worked out and I was SOOO hungry that I overate my lunch..I only have 500 calories left for dinner and snacks..I find when I eat low fat and then exercise..I crave fatty food so much..Any advice? thanks so much

Replies

• emeraldj18
    Options
    Hello:smile: I just started my lifestyle change once again.I am almost 50 myself and know it is time for a major overhaul. I have a problem with junk food and fatty foods. I am really going to try harder this time to lose this weight. I have been eating my 3 meals but including mini snacks in between so I won't be starving and out of calories by the end of the day. I know this will be hard but I am "in it to win it" this time. I am trying to avoid red meats in addition to processed foods,very little bread and when I do eat bread it is whole wheat and no white bread or white sugar. I have a problem with sodium intake. I have been scouring cookbooks for healthy alternatives and have found some. I anticipate losing 50 to 60 lbs as I am 5'4 and weigh 225 at this time.Good Luck to you and hopfully,you can reach your goals.
  • AncientLullaby_
    Options
    Hey there feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for coming of laxatives etc, that's a really scary thought.. : (
    Glad you are allright! I'll add you and support you all the way. :)

30 Day shred is incredible! Keep at it, times it gets hard, but it's soo worth it :D
  • EGHolton71474
    Options
    Hello Just joined myself, I know it is time for an overhaul of my life choices. So I wanted to start with me and my body. I have two girls I was to show that healthy living is a great life choice. I lost 75 pounds before my children were born, but someone with weakness to junk food once I got pregnant it was open game to eat everything and any thing I wanted. I hope to lose 50 pounds over the next 10 months which is only 5 pounds a months.
  • Cassea7
    Options
    Thanks everyone..We are all motivated and we can cheer each other on.
  • KendraJanay
    Options
    Hey, I'm new here too. I jus joined 30mins ago..lol..N idk where to begin..Ik I'm here for motivation and support..I ordered Hip Hop Abs yesterday so im excited to c how dat goes:)
  • tamaralaine1970
    Options
    Well congratulations, on not only seeing the problem with yo-yo dieting but changing I am here for advice and friendship if you want it. I am in my 40's and have had weight issues for a long time, I feel that by changing some habits, for example eat things like apples w\ peanut butter, or celery and peanut butter. right after working out before your lunch. Also drink water, both during your workout and after. What is your daily intake of calorie? break it down into 5 or 6 mini meals. with meals numbered 2,4, and 6 being lower as they will be snack, make them higher in protein but lower in calorie. and meals 1,3,5 being higher calorie counts and more filler foods with some starches as they will be 3 major meals. Also if you want make one of your snack meals a item like a sweet or cheating snack something small, that you really enjoy but may not always get. Another idea is popcorn, you get filled but not always high in calorie take a look at items with oatmeal or peanuts as snack items
  • cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have actually had the myfitnesspal app for a while. I'm going to start making an effort to ACTUALLY use it. I figured if I knew some people then I would be more likely to hold myself accountable. I started working out about a month ago and TRYING to eat better. I have THE WORST sweet tooth.....sweets are my kryptonite lol but I'm working on it :)! Nice to meet yall!
  • 1980karen
    1980karen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! Starting afresh today, hoping this time it sticks. X
  • Cassea7
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advice and encouragement!!!!
  • Cassea7
    Options
    I definately need to drink more water..Thanks so much for your advice !!!

Well congratulations, on not only seeing the problem with yo-yo dieting but changing I am here for advice and friendship if you want it. I am in my 40's and have had weight issues for a long time, I feel that by changing some habits, for example eat things like apples w\ peanut butter, or celery and peanut butter. right after working out before your lunch. Also drink water, both during your workout and after. What is your daily intake of calorie? break it down into 5 or 6 mini meals. with meals numbered 2,4, and 6 being lower as they will be snack, make them higher in protein but lower in calorie. and meals 1,3,5 being higher calorie counts and more filler foods with some starches as they will be 3 major meals. Also if you want make one of your snack meals a item like a sweet or cheating snack something small, that you really enjoy but may not always get. Another idea is popcorn, you get filled but not always high in calorie take a look at items with oatmeal or peanuts as snack items
  • LaurieLynn
    LaurieLynn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I also am fairly new here and have about 50 lbs or so to lose and am close to 50 years old. I would love if you added me and we could be support for each other. The more friends with the same goals the easier this journey to a healthy lifestyle will be.
  • VeeSecrets
    VeeSecrets Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I love to add or have you add me as a friend. The more support you have the better the chances for success. Plus, keeping track of everything you put in your mouth definitely wakes you up, do you see where and when accidents can happen. We can do this together????????
  • Cassea7
    Options

My daily intake of calories is 1550..but after the circuit training it adds 300 more calories...This is all new for me and I am trying to figure it out
  • TheBigFish711
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! Daily logger, and love the encouragement this site gives!
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    hi feel free to add me
  • RebeccaBurmeister
    RebeccaBurmeister Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like! Welcome!
  • Cassea7
    Options
    Thankyou to all my friends!! I am doing well.Yesterday I felt discouraged a bit But today better.. :flowerforyou:
  • f150woods
    f150woods Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please add me! I've been there and it's nice to be on the other side of all of that! :) I'd be happy to help with nutrition advice!