My Salad Solution

Dreaj79
Dreaj79 Posts: 212
edited September 21 in Recipes
I hate when salad doesn't have enough dressing on it. I don't particularly care for the vinegarettes and full fat dressings are too high in calories. Here is my solution. I found this recipie at cooks.com

1 packet of hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 cup reduced fat buttermilk
1 cup plain yogurt (I used a fat free greek style yogurt)

I blended all three together until smooth. Refrigerate until really cold before using. I did mine the night before i planned on having salad. It makes about 30 tablespoons.

Infor per TBSP: Calories 11. Very low fat <1 gram. 1 gram of protein (Thanks to the greek yogurt) and 86 grams sodium.) It's not as thick as regular ranch, but once i tossed it on my salad, the taste made up for the consistency.

Replies

• xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    This sounds great!! I actually like my ranch to be a little thinner so I don't think I will mind the consistency at all.

Thanks for the recipe!!! :flowerforyou:
  • This sounds good!

I don't care for certain dressing either. My new thing is SALSA on my salads. 2 Tbsp= 10 cal. I love the hot ones and since it is so hot you don't have to put more than the 2 tbsps on.

Thanks for the recipe though I will have to try this.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    YUM! BUMP!!!
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    sounds delicious *Bump*
  • Dreaj79
    I'll have to try the salsa on salad thing. I have a lot left over from the last time i made mexican.
  • MZBROWN40
    MZBROWN40 Posts: 1 Member
    May I ask what have you done to be so successful in your weight loss? I am really miserable ...
    Lillian
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Awesome recipe I am going to print that one and make it tonight. My trainer would do the following to add protein and take that same recipe exactly but blitz cottage cheese till smooth with a hand blender and add. It would create a thcker dip consistency but more than that it would give a healthy nutritional boost and a serving of lean protein!!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Ok that sounds awesome! Thanks!
  • Dreaj79
    Awesome recipe I am going to print that one and make it tonight. My trainer would do the following to add protein and take that same recipe exactly but blitz cottage cheese till smooth with a hand blender and add. It would create a thcker dip consistency but more than that it would give a healthy nutritional boost and a serving of lean protein!!

I thought about using cottage cheese, but i was trying to keep the sodium down. I'm prone to bloating. The protein was the reason that I used the greek yogurt. It has 23g of protein per cup!
  • peggy60
    peggy60 Posts: 40
    That sounds yummy..think I will try that!
  • peggy60
    peggy60 Posts: 40
    I SEE YOU HAVE "LOST" WEIGHT EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE QUIT SMOKING!!!!!!!! Not an easy task! GOOOOD FOR YOOOOU! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.