using the calorie counter

Options
Can you help me? I add my food and my exercise in the counters everyday. I have been noticing that I have a huge amount of calories left, because of the amount of exercise I do. Should I be eating those calories on the bottom or is the system just telling me I have some leftover because of the exercise?

I have set myself up for a 2 lb loss per week and want to be sure I'm doing this right.

Replies

• ABARNHART
    ABARNHART Posts: 25
    Options
    Can you help me? I add my food and my exercise in the counters everyday. I have been noticing that I have a huge amount of calories left, because of the amount of exercise I do. Should I be eating those calories on the bottom or is the system just telling me I have some leftover because of the exercise?

I have set myself up for a 2 lb loss per week and want to be sure I'm doing this right.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    From everyone I've heard from... YES.

Eat your exercise calories... you've earned them. Your regular calories are already set at a deficit so you will be okay.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    This is a great post that explains all of the eating your exercise calories thing!
    newbies-please-read-me">http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9614-newbies-please-read-me
    :flowerforyou:
  • ABARNHART
    ABARNHART Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks so much for your direction. I went to the post and now see I need to eat. Ha! I need to eat. That seems so funny to say. Your help was really appreciated. Have a great day and thanks again.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time doing this too because I have a lot of calories from my exercise. I have been eating pretty close to the extra calories and I haven't been gaining. :bigsmile:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yes, those are your bonus calories to EAT!! I've been doing this since the beginning of the year and it works!