MFP and Pregnancy..

Options
I recently lost the 45 lbs that I set out to lose, and then I got pregnant. I am only 7 weeks along and I am already finding it hard to not eat everything in site. I upped my calories by 200 in the MFP app, but I am not sure that is entirely correct as I seem to have gained 4 lbs already, lol! Please share your MFP and pregnancy tips and advice with me, as well as any exercise advice. Thank you!!!

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Well when i first started my wife said i looked pregnant but now she just walkes around the house pretending to look for a baby i must have lost. So funny huh?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    I had lost about 45 lbs before i got pregnant this time around. I had actually slacked on counting cals at that time, so by 8 weeks i had gained 12 lbs..i ended up losing all of that in the third month, due to morning sickness and not being able to eat hardly anything.. right now im 37 weeks and have gained about 27 lbs. Ive found that i am gaining faster than the numbers say i should be... according to my bmf i burn abiut 2600/ day and i try to stick to 2700 lately because im gaining anywhere from 1.5-4 lbs a week. I know some is water weight and im not too worried about it at this point.
    Ive read that you dont really need to up your cals until the 2nd trimester..but if you really are hungry, i would eat. Make the healthiest choices possible and stay active :-) my dr has me walkin 30 min/day...yours might allow more. Make sure you get lots of variety in your diet, fruits and veggies...keep your protein too. Make sure you talk to your dr about it all too
  • Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion: talk to your doctor about this! Make sure you don't do anything that you'll regret later.

Other suggestions: continue to eat healthy. This means eating well-balanced meals including fruits and vegetables. Also, try taking daily walks as long as it is okay with your doctor.
  • HellzNellz
    Options
    For the first trimester I did maintenance calories but went over my daily allowance at least a few times a week (esp on those days I was ravenous). In my second tri I switched my caloric allowance so I'm gaining 1/2 a pound a week. I do splurge at least once a week (choc croissants are my weakness), but the baby uses up so much of my energy that I've only gained about 3lbs (I'm 19wks along). My doctor says it's completely healthy, so I'm trying not to freak out that I haven't gained much. Right now I'm eating almost 2100 cals a day and I feel like that's more than enough. I am never hungry at the end of the day. In my 3rd tri I'll increase my cals so I gain about a pound a week. I think the important thing to remember is that you're not eating for 2, but you also DO NOT want to restrict yourself/go hungry. For me counting cals and listening to my body is really helping me stay on track. Not sure how the third trimester will go bc I keep hearing that I'm going to "blow up" so I'm hoping to continue my healthy weight gain.