SkinnyTaste Recipies

Options

Replies

• bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Great website. Try the Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken! So simple and super delicious! Even my fiance who is anti-healthy recipes likes most of the recipes I try from there.
    ^^THIS!!

Yummy plus leftovers makes excellent topping for salads.
  • carlalwr
    carlalwr Posts: 11
    Options
    bump
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Love SkinnyTaste.com! Her chicken tortilla soup in the crock pot is yummy!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love SkinnyTaste! The first time I found it was on Pinterest and now I'm addicted. I've used it to sneak my dad what he calls "Rabbit food" (anything healthier) without him noticing. He's a 6'3 retired marine; I can't eat like him :) His favorite is the turkey chili!
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Thank you for this post! I had never heard of this website but I LOVE it! While the cheeseburger casserole doesnt sound like my cup of tea, A LOT on that site IS. I LOVE to cook and I love finding healthier ways to cook great dishes. :happy:
    Thanks!!!!
  • mviegas1
    mviegas1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great website. Try the Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken! So simple and super delicious! Even my fiance who is anti-healthy recipes likes most of the recipes I try from there.
    ^^THIS!!

Yummy plus leftovers makes excellent topping for salads.

I made this yesterday and it's a huge hit with my family. I even had some for lunch today over brown rice and it tasted even better.
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to eat my way through her site. Love almost everything except her sweets.
    The following are stables at my house now.
    Chicken Quasidillas with Avocado mango salsa-the kids get so excited every time I make this.
    Lighter Buffalo Wings
    Turkey Burgers with Zucchini and the Turkey meatloaf are now the only way I make those two dishes
    Jamician brown chicken
    Cuban Picadillo
    Lamb Kheema with Peas
    southwest black bean salad
    I've tried loads of other stuff. Too many to list. Drop me a line if you need my two cents on something.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    So wait, now people are complaining that others use a website for recipes instead of...something? Their mom's recipe box?

I mean really, just stop trolling.

This site is great, has great ideas and I love everything I have tried.

I also didn't find the portion sizes to be small. As for a small piece of pie after dinner as oppossed to a giant piece....better than no pie? What are you looking for a 200 calorie entire pie?

If you mean my post, then I'm sorry if you were offended. There was no intent to troll, and I think you've got the wrong end of the stick! :) The OP had asked if anybody had visited the site and seemed to be looking for opinions on it so I gave mine. As I said, recipe websites like those are useful if you want to have the calories precounted. This one is particularly useful for people who need to know the WW points. I also suggested another website with similar recipes. Personally, I find following new recipes can be a bit of a faff, so I usually prefer to use websites like these to get ideas so that I can adapt my own recipes (some of which are already quite similar to the recipes on the Skinny Taste).

200 calories is too small for a main meal for me, personally, but it might be fine for a snack or small meal. It also gets complicated because I'm usually cooking for other people who are bigger eaters. So the 9-portion recipe that was quoted - I might want 1 1/2 to 2 portions, somebody else might want 3 portions, and suddenly the easy calorie counting isn't quite so easy!
  • 32thirtytwo
    Options
    The oven "fried" pickles are great to fill my craving for fried foods. I've made them several times and they are great!
  • wmphimu
    wmphimu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just started making recipes from her site and I've been really happy with what I've made so far! My family LOVED the slow cooker chicken tacos. Like, I've made them 3 times in the past month - my 3 year old gobbled them up! (though, I skipped the slaw that she put on it and just put tomatoes and lettuce on instead). We also really liked the spinach lasagna roll-ups. I made a shrimp pasta last week from the site as well that was really tasty (though for the life of me I can't remember what it was called!).

Like others mentioned, sometimes the portions are a little small. So I just plan on eating 2 portions (and then if I don't, I have extra calories for dessert!). The tacos definitely only served 3 (well, 2 1/2 - me, my husband, and my 3 year old!), and I think I had enough of the lasagna rolls leftover that at least one of us took them for lunch.
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I really like her recipes...I don have a problem with the portion sizes
  • sara1077
    sara1077 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bumpers!
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I use her recipes quite often. The jalapeno popper chicken is TO DIE FOR!
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Someone may have already said this but ALWAYS calculate the nutrition instead of going by what is posted on the website. Not saying that her calculations are incorrect but due to different brands of products and "light" vs. "low fat" vs. "reduced fat," etc.. macros can be way off. Additionally, the portion sizes are really small. Everything I have made is tasty though!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE skinnytaste! I made the spaghetti squash boats with chicken and cheese and they're phenomenal. You can probably make a lot of them even better as you learn more things!
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Too bad it has the word "skinny" in it or else I'd check it out. I ban everything with "skinny" or "extreme" in it.

Normally I would agree but this site is fantastic. She uses bacon and everything.

Hands down best recipe I have tried is the Jalapeno popper stuffed chicken. My husband says its the best chicken dish I have every made him (that is not just referring to healthy food). I think I might make it tomorrow.
    The Spicy Cajun chicken on the lighter side is good too.
    I make the Bacon topped Petite Turkey meatloaf and freeze them to take to work (I dislike the red pepper in the recipe but otherwise so good).

I always enter the recipe on here as well to get the info.
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Love the site! I've made Crockpot Picadillo several times, give it a try!
  • bonitallc
    bonitallc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just love this site! I
  • jedikrissy
    jedikrissy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! skinnytastes.com I made the cheeseburger casserole the other night for the first time! It was fabulous! Just like everything I have made from the site! I have been cooking things from this site for about six months now and I have still to find something I don't care for. It is a great way to change up your food with staying in your calories. Some of the things I have made are like, there is no way that is healthy, but it is!!!!! Well as long as you stay in the proper serving sizes of course. :wink:

I can't get over how many people have a issue with the severing sizes? I make the food all the time and I have lots a healthy vegetables with what ever I chose to make and I am full I couldn't even imagine eating more. Try the Spinach Prosciutto and Mozzarella Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes and some veggies! Best dinner ever!