New-ish - looking for some more friends.

Options
Hi all! I've been a member here for a month or two now, but still don't have many friends and am looking for some more. :)

I'm 24, full time student working on my doctor of physical therapy degree. 5'9", about 170lbs or a few under. Wanting to lose about 20-25 pounds ultimately. My heaviest was about 185, and am glad to be down from that.

My interests include hiking, reading, horseback riding, and traveling. I've run a few 5ks (and one 7 mile race two separate time) in the past, but have never trained as much as I've wanted to, and would love to actually commit a bit more to running one of these days. Would love to get under 30 minutes in a 5k (and not feel like I'm going to die by the end!). I'd maybe even like to run a half-marathon some day.

Anyway, just looking for some encouraging friends! Been working out a lot more this year so far - working on the 30 day shred right now (day 19).

Replies

• 1980karen
    1980karen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been ona
    And off her for a while but it's a new start today! I've hot my 1st race in a few months (6 miles) so am trying to train for that but don't get out as much as I would like.
    Please add me, the more support the better I'd say! X
  • hebehrens
    hebehrens Posts: 55
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! Adding you now. :)

Good luck on your race and your training.
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me. We have some smiliar goals and interests. I am on here every single day!
  • aubrey5586
    Options
    Hey!

We have about the same goals, weight wise! This is my 2nd time starting this again, but I am super excited this time!
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for a couple of years on and off, but I have been very steady for over two weeks now. I, too, am looking for more friends to help keep me motivated. Feel free to add me!
  • thinguri03
    thinguri03 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I wish i knew this site more than a year ago. I had been in this weightloss journey alone but by the grace of God i pushed on. I finished a half marathon don't think i would try a full one that'll just be kidding myself.
    Take everyday by stride and don't give up and whenever you feel like giving up remember all your othet fitness pal's are putting in the work and it will be enough to guilt you.
  • sleona
    sleona Posts: 29
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Always looking for encouragement and like to help motivate others too.

I have been on the site for a few years, very serious when I first started and have been back in action for a few months. I run about 4 times a week and aspire to run a lot more. I am in a running group, you should be able to see it on my profile and the group is amazing. Lots of great people on there that I have connected with.

Good luck! :)
  • Littlle1
    Littlle1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm newish to mfp. was on spark before. I'm 29, 3 kids, I work full-time and I'm in nursing school full-time. I've been running since December, up to 4 days a week now +cross-training (does anyone else hate it?). Have my 3rd 5k this weekend, getting close to the 30min mark. I'm also training for my first half. Could definitely use some motivation and encouragement!

Anyone feel free to add me!

*edit: I have about 30lbs more to lose.