Anyone tried SENSA yet? Just wondering if it works.

Options
13»

Replies

• LizaMariC
    Options
    Yes. It is working for me. I feel full quicker and I'm cutting down on my portions. I'm seeing people dissing it all over the place on these boards and I say to each his own. If it works for me to help curb my appetite while I RELEARN my eating habits, then good for Sensa and good for me.

It might not work for some, but all I know is that it works for me.
  • lildevl
    Options
    Silica can be found in alot of foods we consume already, mostly in fiber rich foods.

Silica is an essential trace mineral also known as beauty mineral, it helps growth of hair, nails, and teeth, makes eyes seem bright, and skin less flabby.

Silica is an essential trace mineral, a compound of Silicon and Oxygen (SiO2)

Silica is essential for muscles, bone formation, connective tissue, tooth enamel, pancreas and Thymus. It helps prevent Alzheimer's and osteoporosis

Recommended Daily Allowance:

Only very tiny amounts of Silica are present in the tissue. Actual amount required by body has not been determined. Average 1 to 2 mg per day would seem sufficient.

Deficiency

Silica deficiency may lead to soft brittle nails, aging-skin and wrinkles, thinning or loss of hair, poor bone development, osteoporosis. Increased sensitivity to cold, you feel cold even during hot summer weather

Food Sources of Silicon

The Silica is primarily high in the foods that grow underground (Potatoes, Peanuts, Beets). The highest amount of Silica is in the skin (peel). Silica is also present in the fiber like substances in the foods, examples: the fibers emanating from the pit of the mangoes, the fibers in the celery). Silica is found in the bran of whole grains.

Apples

Beer

Beets

Bell peppers

Cherries

Celery

Corn

Cucumbers

Dandelion

Dried beans cooked (Chickpeas, Red Kidney beans)

Eggplant

Figs

Fish

Grapes

Honey

Kelp

Leafy vegetables (Spinach, Mustard greens, Lettuce, Endives)

Nettle

Nuts and seeds (Almonds, Peanuts, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds)

Oranges

Pumpkin

Raisins

Raw Cabbage

Root vegetables (Beets, Carrots, Garlic, Ginger, Onions, Potatoes, Sweet potatoes, Fresh Turmeric)

Seafood

Soybeans, Tofu

Strawberries

Tomatoes

Whole-grains (Brown Rice, Roti made of whole-grain wheat flour)

Alfalfa and Horsetail are commonly used in making Silica supplement
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's total bull****.
  • whoiwillb
    Options
    Different things work for different people. I am trying it. It doesn't change the flavor of your food or drink. It does make you feel full without feeling bloated. It does help with cravings and overeating,.. at least it does for me and I'm a skeptic who doesn't fall for bs claims. I believe in healthy eating and exercise, but we all need a little boost sometimes. Also, I didn't order from the company with the auto delivery. I bought one box at a time.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what the heck that stuff was... magic fairy dust indeed. Now I am no longer curious. I was never planning on taking it.. but, I still had no idea what it did (or didn't do).
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    the_dude_nope.gif
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Eh, I personally think it's a placebo effect. It probably does absolutely nothing to "fill you up" or whatever claims it makes, but by using you'll trick yourself into being fuller quicker. Therefore, you'd eat less and maybe exercise because you're feeling good about yourself and want to speed up weight loss. I highly doubt Sensa by itself will truly do anything.
  • kcallas88
    Options
    no. never.
    tried it and it just got annoying to shake it on all my food.

wasn't worth the money and since i stopped using sensa i've lost 15lbs the old fashioned way
  • Marie_making_good
    Marie_making_good Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Works great for me. Soooo thankful to have tried this. :)
  • Marie_making_good
    Marie_making_good Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I learned the hard way that it is definitely a "no no" to post questions about weight loss suplements on MFP. The other day I posted something about Asset which I've heard works great and is all natural, but the comments I recieved were pretty brutal. People on here act like you're commiting a crime if you take a diet related supplement...lol

I am beginning to see what you are talking about. Wow. Some of these reactions are downright rabid.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    How can you go wrong with magic fairy dust?! I mean it makes perfect sense that you could lose weight just by using fairy dust rather than eating right and exercising.

^And this is what I'm talking about.......No one is stupid enough to believe that you take a pill and the weight just magically falls off. HOWEVER, when combined with healthy food choices and some exercise, there are things you can take that will speed up your weight loss. Like Alli for example which I took for 2 months as recommended by A DOCTOR.

Doctor's don't always know everything either. There are articles out now suggesting Ali is causing some people to go into kidney failure.

You say people on here act like it's a crime to take a weight loss supplement, but actually you're on these boards with a lot of people who are older than you, and have been yo yo dieting their entire lives. There are people on here who really want other people to realize this cr@p DOESN'T work.

Maybe it won't hurt you to take it except in your wallet, but you could be one of that low percentage of people who will actually die from taking some of this garbage.

Eat less, move more. There's no quick fix.

^^^ this.

absolutely.gif
  • heather86RN
    Options
    Silica can be found in alot of foods we consume already, mostly in fiber rich foods.

Silica is an essential trace mineral also known as beauty mineral, it helps growth of hair, nails, and teeth, makes eyes seem bright, and skin less flabby.

Silica is essential for muscles, bone formation, connective tissue, tooth enamel, pancreas and Thymus. It helps prevent Alzheimer's and osteoporosis

Only very tiny amounts of Silica are present in the tissue. Actual amount required by body has not been determined. Average 1 to 2 mg per day would seem sufficient.

Deficiency

Silica deficiency may lead to soft brittle nails, aging-skin and wrinkles, thinning or loss of hair, poor bone development, osteoporosis. Increased sensitivity to cold, you feel cold even during hot summer weather

Food Sources of Silicon

The Silica is primarily high in the foods that grow underground (Potatoes, Peanuts, Beets). The highest amount of Silica is in the skin (peel). Silica is also present in the fiber like substances in the foods, examples: the fibers emanating from the pit of the mangoes, the fibers in the celery). Silica is found in the bran of whole grains.

Apples

Beer

Beets

Bell peppers

Cherries

Celery

Corn

Cucumbers

Dandelion

Eggplant

Figs

Fish

Grapes

Honey

Kelp

Nettle

Oranges

Pumpkin

Raisins

Raw Cabbage

Root vegetables (Beets, Carrots, Garlic, Ginger, Onions, Potatoes, Sweet potatoes, Fresh Turmeric)

Seafood

Soybeans, Tofu

Strawberries

Tomatoes

• heather86RN
    Options

Sounds like if you eat these foods, you wont need ANY supplements! Real food, can't go wrong there!:flowerforyou:

Deficiency

Food Sources of Silicon

Apples

Beer

Beets

Bell peppers

Cherries

Celery

Corn

Cucumbers

Dandelion

Eggplant

Figs

Fish

Grapes

Honey

Kelp

Nettle

Oranges

Pumpkin

Raisins

Raw Cabbage

Seafood

Soybeans, Tofu

Strawberries

Tomatoes

• CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    The idea behind Sensa is that the way things smell and taste change slightly when you are hungry (vs. when you are full). Sensa is supposed to "trick" your brain into thinking it's full faster by changing the taste and smell of food.

WebMD did a pretty balanced article on it: http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-sensa

The ingredients: Sensa sprinkles are food flakes made from maltodextrin, tricalcium phosphate, silica, and flavors.

I have a friend whose dad used them with great success. I have never tried them. I think that based on the way they are supposed to work, if you do a pretty good job of listening to yourself and if you can stop eating at the first sign of fullness, they will probably help (by signaling that you are more full). If you are a "clean plate eater" or a binge eater (typically eat even though not hungry), they probably won't help much. At the end of the day, if they help you feel more full and help you control your calories, awesome. If they don't, they aren't going to help much.

Totally just my opinion.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My mom tried it and it didn't work for her. And the FDA went after the company for making claims they couldn't back up. Which given that their claims aren't that all that great is kind of sad.
  • sherrymccall
    sherrymccall Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just completed 30 days. Didn't notice any change in food taste. Just noticed it made me feel full and this cut my proportions. Didn't get hungry between meals. Started Sensa and Gym workouts Jan 1st.

Scale indicated down 30lbs yesterday or 7.58% loss

Pretty sure it was the gym that did that for you, not Sensa.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it didn't help at all. And, regardless of what others are saying....it has no taste and no smell.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    It works by eliminating the fats you consume. I do not eat a lot of fats and that may be why it didn't work for me.